Album art apps or options on how to get it for albums in droid x music player

icebergshorty

Reaction score
I already got the album art grabber app and it worked great besides a few crashes, but it didn't find all my album artwork. It did find the majority of my albums and some are very rare. The albums that still don't have artwork I can find pictures of off the web easy, it's just how do I get those pics on my droid x music player?

Are there other album art apps out there besides art grabber?

Is there another alternative to getting album art for my albums in my droid x music player?

Please help, thanks.

Of-topic P.S. It was a pain in the @$$ but I got all my music to sync to my droid x, no thanks to that POS doubletwist(installing that crap after this post) and itunes select all and drag option. I'm finally free from apples my way or the highway lockdown for life user interface, and I'm loving every minute of it as well as my droid x. dancedroid All I did was transfer the music from my ipod to a folder on my desktop then transfer the music in that folder to the music folder of my droid x when hooked up to my PC via usb. It still was a pain because apple, itunes, the ipod, or whatever scrambles and renames all the music files whether they be mp3, M4A, ACC, etc.

dast

Reaction score
Try searching for MediaMonkey. It is a Windows app, generally a good media player, and it has capabilities to pull information for albums off of the web and use it to update id3 tags, image art, and even rename the files to use a format you like better.

I have a lot of very rare albums too that don't show up in Album Art Grabber, or even from the sources MediaMonkey uses. However, MediaMonkey does let you manually add album art to an mp3, so I would go out on Google Images, find someone who posted the album art on some obscure music blog, save the image, and use MediaMonkey to inject it into the mp3s.

HTH

EDIT:

I forgot to mention that even using MediaMonkey to do this on a PC isn't 100% perfect. The built-in music player seems to have some limitations on what album art it can read from music files. Album art added either automatically or manually sometimes won't show on the phone. Some albums will show and some won't, and I haven't figured out what is different between the files. I don't know if I'm using some non-standard album image size, format, encoding, or something else.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'd suggest adding the album art to the music on your PC or you'll have this problem every time your music is copied to a device. Using an app on the device is really just a short term fix.