I rooted my zenfone 5 and now i cant master reset the stock software

Amitinder

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
ASUS Zenfone 5
Hi every one. I made a blunder. Not knowing much about rooting phones... i rooted my Zenfone 5. Then further i used an uninstaller to remove some of the third party softwares that i didnt need. All was well util i started to get problems with apps shutting down and all kinda errors coming up. Not knowing what i did wrong, i read instruction to Hard restore the stock firmware which is supposedly installed on the phone all ready.
Steps.
1. I turned the phone off.
2. I pressed the power and the vol + at the same time until i got a menu as mentioned.
3. i chose the restore option
after this i was supposed to wait for the screen to turn on and press vol+ and vol- at the same time until the restore procedure comes up and follow the rest.

* Unfortunately all i keep getting is a pic of the droid figure lying down with an exclaimation mark on it, and below it it says "No Command".
It isnt going further than that.

Q. Have i lost the ability to restore the original software ie. Jelly bean 4.2.2?
Q. Is there any thing i can do ?

I'm heart broken that i messed up my 5 day old phone.
Please help
Thanks.

P

promo87

Well, I would say you may have lost the ability to restore the original firmware :( I think now you may need to find the stock firmware available for your device and it needs to be flashed with the stock firmware again. And one more thing if you have rooted your device while the warranty is still on the cards then I feel too much :'( to inform you that your warranty is also void. Anyway if you are good with the flashing process let me know I'll guide you through the flashing process otherwise better to head over to the nearest customer support for getting out of this mess...... I don't think of any more suggestion which can help you in getting out of this mess. Anyway let me know if you need help with the flashing. You can also search for the flashing stock rom over zenfone5 it will take you to the appropriate XDA thread ! :)

OP
Amitinder

Amitinder

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
ASUS Zenfone 5
O no! That is not good news. But I thank you for quick response and for taking out the time to give me Frank advised.
I have been trying to find the flash Rom for this phone, but I guess I don't really know what I'm looking for. Being a recent launch I suppose there isn't a lot out there for this phone unless like I said I don't know where to look. I bought the phone over the internet as it isn't available in the country other wise.
But I would really appreciate if you could guide me through the steps of flashing the Rom and I shall keep looking for the Rom.
Thank you once again.

benlinus48

Reaction score
I think now you cant restore the original firmware...!!
this is not good.

OP
Amitinder

Amitinder

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
ASUS Zenfone 5
Hi every one. Does any one know why youtube app stops working on zenfone 5. I have installed and reinstalled the app over and over. Earlier it was fine.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
It may tied in with those apps you deleted earlier. It is always risky to just go in and start deleting what YOU feel are unneeded apps, since your phone may need those apps to function properly. Its much better to either freeze the sports with Titanium Backup or simply ignore them, which is what I for on my phones.

Sent from my Note 3, using magic ...

maestr0

Reaction score
Hey I have did the same thing and now it just would not start up. I tried factory reset and still it does not work. Any ideas?

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
You should be able to restore to stock. Pay for TitaniumBackup or MyBackup Pro and freeze those apps instead of uninstalling them. This will leave the phone functional. If you start getting app errors again, unfreeze the app as it may be tied to system functions.

bagishared

Reaction score
thank you very much!

MOD NOTE: Unapproved link removed.

Last edited by a moderator: