i root my phone using universal androot

fiver643

Reaction score

Godfather

Reaction score
heres a link to the steps i did
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-news/75015-how-root-droid-2-2-out-rsdlite.html
using rom manager
when i get to the "Creating a nandroid backup" and i click on “Reboot into Recovery.” its just reboots the phone. none of the options come up. what am i doing wrong? sometimes i get a white triangle with a yellow explanation mark and a phone next to it on the screen.

I used UAR to root my phone and I had all kinds of issues with ROM Manager. That triangle you are getting is the stock recovery. Find the thread from Moto1, here is the link. It is easy pie and haven't had a problem with a ROM since. Here is the link.

Root Droid 1 - regardless of OS version

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
OP, if you can get into Rom Manager reflash ClockWork Recovery then flash the alternate recovery SPRecovery the re flash ClockWork.

Then try to boot into recovery and see if you have ClockWork recovery.

Mike

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Verizon/Motorola threw a wrench into the works with a new bootloader that a lot of people got with the FRG01B update. If you have the 2C. 7C. bootloader you'll HAVE to use RSD Lite to get the kind of root access you want.

Fact of life. Sorry.

OP
fiver643

fiver643

Reaction score
Verizon/Motorola threw a wrench into the works with a new bootloader that a lot of people got with the FRG01B update. If you have the 2C. 7C. bootloader you'll HAVE to use RSD Lite to get the kind of root access you want.

Fact of life. Sorry.

how do i find out if i have "2c or 7c bootloader"?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Power your phone down, slide out the keyboard, hold up on the d-pad (towards the screen), and power the phone up. Keep holding the d-pad till the bootloader screen appears. It'll tell you what you have.

OP
fiver643

fiver643

Reaction score
Power your phone down, slide out the keyboard, hold up on the d-pad (towards the screen), and power the phone up. Keep holding the d-pad till the bootloader screen appears. It'll tell you what you have.
i got the 2c 7c
so i have to use RSDlite? and you can only use RSDlite on windows right? i have a old mac osx 10.3.9 panther i think

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
I know there's a way to do it on Mac, but I think the easiest way to do it is in a virtual box with Windows loaded.

Any way to load a Linux live CD, or have a Linux box kicking around?

With the new bootloader the only weapon we have in our arsenal is the SBF MotoCahce1 created. Let me link you. I don't know if there are instructions for a Mac install in the thread, but there might be.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-guides/74028-root-droid-1-regardless-os-version.html

OP
fiver643

fiver643

Reaction score
my moms got a pc. i'll just go over there and use her computer. should i unroot with universal androot? is unrooting as simple as clicking the "unroot" button? i haven't done any mods or custom roms yet. i have added a couple of "root only apps". what will happen to them? should i uninstall universal androot? sorry for all the ?????
thanks for your time and info

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Yes it's that simple, no you don't need to do it. Just follow those directions and unless somethign goes oops you'll have SPRecovery and full control over the phone! :)

Godfather

Reaction score
my moms got a pc. i'll just go over there and use her computer. should i unroot with universal androot? is unrooting as simple as clicking the "unroot" button? i haven't done any mods or custom roms yet. i have added a couple of "root only apps". what will happen to them? should i uninstall universal androot? sorry for all the ?????

I just un-installed UAR without unrooting and ran Moto's SBF and everything worked out great. Also, I downloaded Titanium backup (free in the market) and did a backup there, you can save all your apps and data. Just root using Moto's instructions, re-download Titanium back up from the market and restore all your previous apps.

OP
fiver643

fiver643

Reaction score

I just un-installed UAR without unrooting and ran Moto's SBF and everything worked out great. Also, I downloaded Titanium backup (free in the market) and did a backup there, you can save all your apps and data. Just root using Moto's instructions, re-download Titanium back up from the market and restore all your previous apps.

cool i'll give it a try

OP
fiver643

fiver643

Reaction score
do you think i can just install titanium back up to my sd card instead of redownloading it?

Godfather

Reaction score
do you think i can just install titanium back up to my sd card instead of redownloading it?

That shouldn't be a problem and re-install it with Astro if you have it,but it only takes 20 seconds to do it from the market.