Full System Backup Using Nandroid

fiver643

Reaction score
please bear with me i really dont know what im talking about lol

heres a link to what im trying to do.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-news/75015-how-root-droid-2-2-out-rsdlite.html

when i get to this step "Step 1: Boot into SPRecovery
Power down the Droid completely.
While holding “X” on the physical keyboard, hold the power button to turn on the phone. You may let go of the power button, but do not let go of X."

a white triangle with a yellow explanation mark appears with a phone next to it. what does it mean? and how do i fix?

thanks

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
this is stock recovery. you didnt have a successful flash of SPRecovery

OP
fiver643

fiver643

Reaction score
so i dont have to do this step? it says to do it at least once a month to back up all my stuff.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
just reflash SPR or download ROM manager to flash Clockwork

OP
fiver643

fiver643

Reaction score
ok i have download "rom manager" and "flash clockwork". so i can just back up all my stuff with this? and if something happens to my phone i can restore my phone with "backup current rom"? from the drop down menu in rom manager.
sorry for all the questions im very new to all this and just want to make sure i know what im doing. if i mess up my phone.
thanks so much

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yup - power up holding x and ull see the menu you want to do all that stuff in

OP
fiver643

fiver643

Reaction score
well see when i power up holding "x" thats when i get the white triangle with the explanation mark. the menu thingy doesnt pop up.

Teezy

Reaction score
Weird how you're rooted and don't have a recovery mode.
Use ROM Manager to flash ClockWorkMod and then try booting into recovery again. Or rather, flash ClockWorkMod a couple times, and also try different versions. Alternatively (and also as a last resort), you could flash SPRecovery from RM and then continue with the process lol.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

xliderider

Reaction score
That's the problem with Clockwork Mod recovery, it doesn't always "take" when flashed. I always flash CWM recovery 2 or 3 times to make it stick.

To the OP, I recommend making backups in BOTH SPRecovery and Clockwork Mod Recovery so you can recover no matter what recovery you are currently using. The backups aren't compatible with each other.

OP
fiver643

fiver643

Reaction score
do you think i should try to uninstall DMupdater? also when i go to my app and click on DMupdater it says " your recovery image needs to be updated. continuing will void your warranty" and i can click on "i understand the risk" or "quit(recommended)". does that have any thing to do with it?

Teezy

Reaction score
do you think i should try to uninstall DMupdater? also when i go to my app and click on DMupdater it says " your recovery image needs to be updated. continuing will void your warranty" and i can click on "i understand the risk" or "quit(recommended)". does that have any thing to do with it?

Yeah, continue with it!

OP
fiver643

fiver643

Reaction score
thanks i'll give it a try. i was kind of scared to do it because it makes you confirm it twice. thank you everyone for all the info. hopefully this works

Teezy

Reaction score
No problem. And if anything unfortunate happens or something fails and your phone is rendered useless (won't turn on or whatev), you can just flash an SBF from RSDLite and yadda yadda but if you're a good reader, you'll be fine. The double confirmation thing is like defiance of your conscience xD