I regret buying the bionic

Globed

Reaction score
First off i will say i have had no issues with my bionic i love it. I also dont bog my phone with useless apps that do nothing but take up space and memory. My service is awesome ive had some dropped network issues but. According to moto an update will be available end of nov. Any phone is going to be slow esspeccially if u install apps which do nothing but use memory especially task killers. The bootloader will come when google merges with moto. My vote still goes to Droid. Apple is not up to date with its hardware. N most of the parts are made in china now which means poor quality parts. After the last update for the bionic i have had 0 issues

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

nasdaq044

Reaction score
i came from my droidx with zero problems.......then came the bionic.......what is the point of getting a smart phone, when u cant keep a data connection? after almost two months of trying every fix known to verz tech, my connectivy probs still hav not been solved. vez offered me replacements of "used" bionic or any other phone i wanted.....other than razo....my biggest complaint was going backwards in tech.....i did get them to adjust my upgrade date to anytime....this allows me to keep bionic until it either gets fixed or until i cant take the probs anymore...granted i will have to purchase a new phone however it will be at contract price....hopefull the bionic gets fixed, its a great phone when it works....but atleast i have options

xmguy

Reaction score
I did regret buying the Bionic a few weeks ago. I've had the phone since launch. But i've curbed the data loss at least when in standby. Not in call and end call however. Have the extended battery. I like the Bionic ok. For now.

Sent from my BIONIC out in the boonies of TN while picking on a guitar!

ambrown

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sweetmike

Remember, people thought Windows XP was junk when it first came out, too. Then Service Pack 1 came along and fixed it. No MS operating system since has been able to touch it in the business world. What if you jump ship to a new device, it has tons of issues at launch, and the Bionic's issues are all fixed with an update? Then, you end up waiting just as long (or longer) for an update for the new device. It's a vicious circle. You should never buy a new device at launch unless you are willing to be a non-paid beta tester and work with some bugs. Factory quality control just isn't what it used to be, and these devices are so complex that bugs can pop up in the darnedest places.

This is true. I mean any new product, cars, game consoles, most specifically electronics, will have a few kinks to work out at the beginning. The refined, well oiled machine comes after time and user issues being addressed as they come up. That's why I usually wait till there's been some time to have that stuff worked out by the time I buy. It sounds to me that all of this stuff is easily fixed with patches and those will come in the form of (admittedly delayed) OTAs.

Sent from my Droid Incredible on 2.3.4 using the DroidForums app

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is why I chose the razr. The device is built solid to last. All we need now is the software to go with it. ICS just might be the one...

Tapped by a Razr...
PEACE! ALL!!-------->>>D2D™

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
At the end of Onctober, Motorola said that the update would come withinin 30-60 days :)

xmguy

Reaction score
This is why I chose the razr. The device is built solid to last. All we need now is the software to go with it. ICS just might be the one...

Tapped by a Razr...

Didn't vzw allow you to get a fru razr after you had the bionic over 14 days?

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Didn't vzw allow you to get a fru razr after you had the bionic over 14 days?

As long as you get the phone no later than 17th of Nov you will have until Jan 15 to trade...this is a fact and let no one tell you different...the reps won't tell you I'm sure but its in the paperwork and online...

Bmac397

Reaction score
Do you know where I can find that information online?

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
They did this the past few years as well. They don't like to tell you though...lol

indymale26

Reaction score
I have the bionic as well great phone super fast and with 4g lte even better i live in indianapolis indiana and hit 43 download &16 upload, i do have a few problems with data loss once n while, but other than that ita kick ass phone,plus we our guranteed to get ice cream sandwhich first quarter 2012 , soo dont give up on ur phone every phone has its tweaks n the begining,

Bmac397

Reaction score

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I agree. We should try and see what updates do for each device. Remember every device is beta when we get it basically...lol even the gnex will have some issues...

Tapped by a Razr...

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Zadam,
Sorry you are getting an overdose of known problems that many of us are dealing with. As you have read, there is suppose to be an "ota" coming soon that will address a majority of issues you have stated. If the ota addresses the issues we are all hoping for, I think you will pleased with the Bionic. Btw, some of the issues, like the network drops, folks with the RAZR and other vendor phones are starting to complain about. I have been of the opinion that the network drops are a combination of some Verizon infrastructure challenges (towers, 3g/4g dynamics...) as well as phone firmware that are causing the issues. Meanwhile, I'd like to at least make a couple of suggestions that might help some (at least working for me some of the time).

1.) If you are loading apps and moving them to the SD card, don't... they appear to disappear (even though they don't...) you just don't see them :blink:. You can reload'm, they'll eventually go away again

2.) On the network thing, sounds like you are in a weak 4g area. I would suggest going into setting > wireless networks > mobile Networks and changing the setting to CDMA only, this will keep you on 3g only. Think this will accomplish two things. Will help mitigate the network drops and will surely save you battery as the 3g/4g radios banter back & forth and sucks the battery dry (plan on getting the extended battery if you use the phone allot, worth it). For me 3g is better than constant frustration. I still get some drops (still thinking infrastructure) but it seems to help some.

You'll find me ranting and venting out her at times with best of them. I have worked in high tech all my life and my gut tells be that these issues are all fixable, thus why I am trying to be patient and help as possible. Non-stop *****ing ain't gonna help (although it admittedly can make you feel better). I still believe that eventually the Bionic will prove to be the beast it was intended to be. As you tinker with your Bionic, sure you will find others out here that can offer allot of help and workarounds to hold you over till the ever elusive ota shows up.
If you see one of my occasional rants, ignore them (like most do), I just consider it therapy :icon_ lala: