Rebuilding my Bionic - Apps on SD Card?

TonyBoD

Reaction score
My unrooted Bionic is running terribly - data drops, severe slowness and now the final straw - calling issues. Sometimes I go to answer a call and it lieterally takes more than a minute for the call to connect and get the connection tones - by then I've missed the call. There are also times when I dial a number in the address book and press the dial icon and the phone doesn't dial for 5 minutes or more. Nothing worse than having a phone that you can't use for calls.

Anyway, I figure it's time to wipe everything and start from scratch - never done it before but as long as I back up my data (pictures, etc.) to my SD card and make sure my contacts are on order on Google I should be OK - I'll need to reload my apps, but I'll do this slowly to see if I can figure out why the phone is running so slowly.

When I reload my apps, is there any way to put them on the external SD card? The App2SD application moves the to /mnt/sdcard which isn't really my SD card - it's internal storage and is only 8GB - I'd love to move it to my 16GB /mnt/sdcard-ext but I don't know if there's a way to do that (again, this is a stock phone, I'm not rooted) - any suggestions?

Sanitarium09

Reaction score
Why would you want to do this? The app storage has more than enough space. Apps2SD is mainly for older or cheaper phones that only had around 250mb of app storage available.