I regret buying the bionic

zadam123

Reaction score
coming from a droid x and thinking the bionic was the next best thing boy was I wrong. there is so many problems with this phone I highly advise not getting it. let's start with the connection issues. with my droid x I could listen to internet radio from my house to my job with no problem. the bionic is constantly losing a data connection sometimes even telling me I have 1 when I don't. places I never had problems with before now have no data. also the bionics only has 3g and 4 g there is no more 1 x or at least I never see it.

next applications in my phones seem to suddenly disappear or sometimes icon on my home screen goes blank and when you click on it it says application not installed.

oh so sometimes I try to download an application that is only 1 or 2 megabytes and I have 3 gigabytes of space on the phone it tells me I don't have enough room wtf?

it seems every time I buy a phone from verizon it works great for 3 weeks then it starts going downhill.

if you plan on using your phone for internet radio or want a reliable data connection DO NOTbuy this phone.

cece5702

Reaction score
Wow, thats not good. I have the Droid X and I must say I'm still loving it but wanted to know how the performance was on the BIONIC. From what you have stated here, its not good. I'm still in a 3G area too. Are you in a 4G area?
coming from a droid x and thinking the bionic was the next best thing boy was I wrong. there is so many problems with this phone I highly advise not getting it. let's start with the connection issues. with my droid x I could listen to internet radio from my house to my job with no problem. the bionic is constantly losing a data connection sometimes even telling me I have 1 when I don't. places I never had problems with before now have no data. also the bionics only has 3g and 4 g there is no more 1 x or at least I never see it.

next applications in my phones seem to suddenly disappear or sometimes icon on my home screen goes blank and when you click on it it says application not installed.

oh so sometimes I try to download an application that is only 1 or 2 megabytes and I have 3 gigabytes of space on the phone it tells me I don't have enough room wtf?

it seems every time I buy a phone from verizon it works great for 3 weeks then it starts going downhill.

if you plan on using your phone for internet radio or want a reliable data connection DO NOTbuy this phone.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear. I'm disappointed that the Bionic is not gonna be king of the hill when the RAZR and other phones come out. Atleast the X was for awhile.

Boot Manager

OP
Z

zadam123

Reaction score
I live in new york which is a 4 g network. when the 4 g works it is amazingly fast problem is it seems not to work more than it does

billyk

Reaction score
To the OP: sorry to hear that.

My Bionic has been bullet-proof since day 1 and the performace is awesome. I stream Sirius for 2 hours every work day on my commute and the only hiccups I have (which are few) are with the crappy Sirius app - not the connection - and I drive through 4G, 3G and very low signal areas.

Hope you find your next phone experience to be better!

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
With those problems you shouldve exchanged it for a new one.. or sell It now

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

It's a shame that you didn't read more here (Droid Forums) about those issues. They are all solvable except the connectivity issue and it is reported that the November update will fix that.

sweetmike

Reaction score
I am sorry to hear about your disappoint with the bionic. I was waiting for it to come out for a long time and I have been very happy with it. I am always in 4G mode with my phone as well as I hardly ever lose data connection. Also, the voice quality has been great. The camera is below par but I have downloaded another picture app (camera 360) that does the job for me. Overall I think the bionic was everything they said about it. I will stick wth it until I can upgrade again in two years.

illmatic636

Reaction score
It's a shame that you didn't read more here (Droid Forums) about those issues. They are all solvable except the connectivity issue and it is reported that the November update will fix that.

+1

There you go, thanks for that info BayouflyFisher!

OP
Z

zadam123

Reaction score
this is my second bionic and i am having the same issues. as with the first one it worked much better when it was new but after a few weeks i had the same issues i am having now. as far as people saying they have a good 4g signal. are u actually using the data or just seeing the 4g at the top. the reason i ask this is 2 reasons , one even if it says 4g at the top it dont mean you have a connection , mine sometimes says that and when i try to go online it says no data connection. and also that connection does come and go as i use my phone as my radio in my work truck so i notice everytime it goes out , which is a lot

wseyller

Reaction score
My area just got 4g yesterday. The 4g connection will only stay on for a few minutes and then it will either go back to 3g or it won't show any icon except signal strength and the data will totally go out. Some times it looks like it does have 4g but data won't work. A reboot always seems to bring it back but only for a short time. It is a real hassle. I was wondering if it has something to do with the fact that I just got 4g and maybe they don't have it stable yet. But I see others have the same problem so it worries me.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have to say that I have never had a connection issue. When I'm on 4g its fast as hell and always on.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am sorry to hear about your disappoint with the bionic. I was waiting for it to come out for a long time and I have been very happy with it. I am always in 4G mode with my phone as well as I hardly ever lose data connection. Also, the voice quality has been great. The camera is below par but I have downloaded another picture app (camera 360) that does the job for me. Overall I think the bionic was everything they said about it. I will stick wth it until I can upgrade again in two years.

This.

Remember, people thought Windows XP was junk when it first came out, too. Then Service Pack 1 came along and fixed it. No MS operating system since has been able to touch it in the business world. What if you jump ship to a new device, it has tons of issues at launch, and the Bionic's issues are all fixed with an update? Then, you end up waiting just as long (or longer) for an update for the new device. It's a vicious circle. You should never buy a new device at launch unless you are willing to be a non-paid beta tester and work with some bugs. Factory quality control just isn't what it used to be, and these devices are so complex that bugs can pop up in the darnedest places.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
For me, 4G comes and goes in my house, but that's because we live in a valley. Other places it's fine.

I was surprised by the "Not enough space" message too, but it may be a RAM issue, because it downloads fine the second time.