While running hotspot 4G cuts off minutes after screen does

N0equal

Reaction score
I just encountered this problem tonight. I have never had this happen before and have been using this setup with no changes for quite sometime.

I'm currently using FoxFi to create a hotspot on my bionic to use at home. A few minutes pass after I start browsing the internet on my cpu I notice I'm suddenly disconnected. I go to check my phone press the on/off button to cut on the screen, it does, and there's no connection. As I begin to enter my password to unlock my phone the 4G symbol in gray pops up and begins to connect. This has continued to happen multiple times now (10 or more) in the last 20min. Here's a breakdown of what's taking place:

hotspot is turned on
+
connect to internet via foxfi hotspot
+
lose connection inexplicably
+
turn on phones screen to check status, 4G symbol pops up in gray instantly and begins to connect
+
connection restored

It's almost like the a power saving feature or something is kicking on and turning the 4G off since the screen isn't on.
Any idea what could be causing this?

Last edited:

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
it could be you sim card is going bad.
by chance are you using a micro sim with an adapter? i have seen this issue with that setup also because some times the sim is not aligned exactly right.
if none of that fixes it, i would just re-flash the phone. some times the software gets corrupted for whatever reason.
a factory reset may work, but personally imo, i would rather flash it, then you know for sure its like new, not just wiped clean.

brroid

Reaction score
If you're running a battery saver app, that could be your problem. It may shut off foxfi when the screen shuts off. Ask me how I know.....