I regret buying the bionic

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Give it at least 2 weeks into Nov and see if you feel the same way :)

As for ICS and the camera, as I re-posted a post from motorola in another thread, the camera on all motorola phones is equal to if not greater than cameras on any other phone, it IS the software, motorola admitted that the camera wasn't their main concern. Now with that being said, ICS will be able to, from what I understand, utilize any motorola phones camera to its full potential. Now before all the bashing starts, I'm quoting motorolas site :) And seeing as Google bought MotoMobile, I don't see this as unplausable. I'm not saying the Nexus won't have a far supperior camera at all, just I think, based on going what I have heard and learned, ICS will drastically improve the overall camera for all motorola phones that are currently or are expecting gingerbread.

Awesome!

You juss been TAPPED! by the drummer
LIQUID 3.0 or Anything but Stock!!!!
<><>-------------------PEACE---------------------<><>

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Its taking all my patience not to get the Bionic....I can't wait anymore...the upgrade is burning a hole in my brain..lol So, if I give in, I will be with you all in the Bionic sections...If not and I can Hold out a bit...Prime time.lol

lanza_david

Reaction score
Give it at least 2 weeks into Nov and see if you feel the same way :)

As for ICS and the camera, as I re-posted a post from motorola in another thread, the camera on all motorola phones is equal to if not greater than cameras on any other phone, it IS the software, motorola admitted that the camera wasn't their main concern. Now with that being said, ICS will be able to, from what I understand, utilize any motorola phones camera to its full potential. Now before all the bashing starts, I'm quoting motorolas site :) And seeing as Google bought MotoMobile, I don't see this as unplausable. I'm not saying the Nexus won't have a far supperior camera at all, just I think, based on going what I have heard and learned, ICS will drastically improve the overall camera for all motorola phones that are currently or are expecting gingerbread.

Could you please post the link for that other post about the camera?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Could you please post the link for that other post about the camera?

Here is the message:

Hello shadez69 and thank you for your post and feedback. I have followed the camera(s) on the Motorola Android smart phones since the introduction of the original Droid and I have spent many, many hours studying photos, EXIF data, technical specifications, etc. and I have determined (to my satisfaction) that the Motorola camera hardware is as good as many and better than most. It's the software that needs either serious tweaking or even being completely rewritten. Why this has not been addressed more extensively than it has remains a mystery. Zero (or nearly zero) shutter lag is completely possible on the existing phones as well as more exacting rendering of colors and low light photography, among other things. There has not been enough "squeek" on this wheel, IMHO, to have the camera firmware developers to take this issue more seriously. Hopefully, that will soon change. --- Dan

The link is: https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/60095?start=60&tstart=0
Post #: 64

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Here is the message:

Hello shadez69 and thank you for your post and feedback. I have followed the camera(s) on the Motorola Android smart phones since the introduction of the original Droid and I have spent many, many hours studying photos, EXIF data, technical specifications, etc. and I have determined (to my satisfaction) that the Motorola camera hardware is as good as many and better than most. It's the software that needs either serious tweaking or even being completely rewritten. Why this has not been addressed more extensively than it has remains a mystery. Zero (or nearly zero) shutter lag is completely possible on the existing phones as well as more exacting rendering of colors and low light photography, among other things. There has not been enough "squeek" on this wheel, IMHO, to have the camera firmware developers to take this issue more seriously. Hopefully, that will soon change. --- Dan

The link is: https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/60095?start=60&tstart=0
Post #: 64

Check your pm..peace!

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Check your pm..peace!

Crap..it didn't send..lol hold on I will resend...

konellaz

Reaction score
They changed the date in late Oct. to: 30-60 days for the update. However, VZW is now saying late November.

I can confirm this I was on with lte tech for several hours today.. I'm on my 4th replacement.. Radio eventually Burns up because it constantly fights the 3g towers. Late November its what
moto told vzw.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can confirm this I was on with lte tech for several hours today.. I'm on my 4th replacement.. Radio eventually Burns up because it constantly fights the 3g towers. Late November its what
moto told vzw.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I would check the specs and hope they didn't add the same radio as the bio in this case, to the razor as well...If this is true, and they told you this, a replacement of another device is in your favor...

Tapped and Told!
Peace!

konellaz

Reaction score
Im kinda up in the air on getting the razr.. I bought a case, the Webtop anywhere adapter that fits in my pocket.. That Batt don't pull, and I'm fond of Th3ory roms.. I've gone round and round on this decision.. Keep my bionic and hope for the best.. Or get the razor.. I used my last True every two to get this bionic.

I'm a Druid.. Are you?

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Im kinda up in the air on getting the razr.. I bought a case, the Webtop anywhere adapter that fits in my pocket.. That Batt don't pull, and I'm fond of Th3ory roms.. I've gone round and round on this decision.. Keep my bionic and hope for the best.. Or get the razor.. I used my last True every two to get this bionic.

I'm a Druid.. Are you?

I'm glad to hear that, because I will soon be joining you all in the bionic section! So, if I feel I can't handle it, I have 14 days to review, and I'm a good review tech...lol I'm stoked to see you guys liking your bionics..Remember, its still awesome by most reviews, and they gave me some crap about I couldn't get the razor as it was too early since I was an early promo.. and at 100 bucks for a new one with the discounts..I'm sold to another 2 years or an opt if I have to... Peace! Btw, I'm hearing the Bionics hardware is well equipped for the future, and will be a top dog in android easily for a year at least....

Tapped and Told!
Peace!

OP
Z

zadam123

Reaction score
so we are at the end of november and where is this update

socalsurfer

Reaction score
I'm Done.

OK, this is getting really stupid. I'm participating in a three way conference call, and the Bionic drops the call and freezes up. I go to the VZW store, and buy an iPhone4S (GASP!).

I really, really hate to say it, but it works very well. All the same apps I used for business are available, it makes calls, battery lasts all day, etc, etc. I was going to just use it until the update comes out. Now...maybe I can sell the Bionic on eBay.

The Bionic is like a codependent love affair- it's not a good experience, but if I'm patient and try a little harder it may work out.

spooner2007

Reaction score
So the update may be pushed until new year and nexus prime till december