I really need help! PLEASE!

naes007

Reaction score
I have been trying to take my driod back to the stock rom after trying out blackdroid ultimate droid 5.0. I was following the steps on the droid life forume, watching the video and following along. I went through the steps of flashing back to the stock rom using droidmod 1.0 i followed the instructions, turned my phone off, tried to power holding the xkey and the power button. I get the motorols symbol for a few seconds and then all i get is a triangle with a yellow exclamation point in it with a little phone icon under it. I can do anything with my phone. please help. i am new to this and dont know where to begin. my phone is only a week old!

ldimick

Reaction score
Press the center button on your D pad. (If I remember correctly) If not press UP

OP
N

naes007

Reaction score
if i power on without doing anything i get the motorola symbol, then the droid animation, and then just a blank screen

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I have been trying to take my driod back to the stock rom after trying out blackdroid ultimate droid 5.0. I was following the steps on the droid life forume, watching the video and following along. I went through the steps of flashing back to the stock rom using droidmod 1.0 i followed the instructions, turned my phone off, tried to power holding the xkey and the power button. I get the motorols symbol for a few seconds and then all i get is a triangle with a yellow exclamation point in it with a little phone icon under it. I can do anything with my phone. please help. i am new to this and dont know where to begin. my phone is only a week old!

You're back to stock now. That is the stock recovery. To get into it you need to press and hold the camera button and up volume. That will get you into stock recovery. What are you trying to do at this point?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
The sbf is a last resort. If you can get into recovery we should be able to get you running

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i am new to this and dont know where to begin.
I'll take the above statement to be a question. The answer to that is to read.

Those who jump in without reading, and understanding, stand a much higher chance of getting stuck and ending up in panic mode. We're here to help regardless but no panic is much better than panic :)

Step 5 in Mathw3w's guide, link 1 in my signature below on how to root, should look familiar. Any guide to getting rooted should have this step if you are doing it manually. He made that guide precisely so folks would know what to do when they are new. Known of us are born knowing this stuff.

5. Hold down 'x' and then begin to hold down the power button at the same time. When the screen lights up, you can let go of the buttons. You will now be booted to a screen with an exclamation point in the middle.. Sort of like this /!\. This is the STOCK recovery menu.

As jstafford1 has requested, not knowing where you are going makes it hard to determine how to help you to get where you want to be.

OP
N

naes007

Reaction score
ok, that helped, i am now at a screen that says
reboot system now
apply sdcard:update.zip
wipedata/factory reset
wipe cache partition

do i wipe data/factory reset? dont want to make assumptions at this point!

By the way thank you all for helping. I owe everyone a beer!

OP
N

naes007

Reaction score
also, at the bottom in yellow i have

E:cant open /cache/recovery/command

OP
N

naes007

Reaction score
Christim, I appreciate what you are saying about reading however it sometimes becomes difficult to read or understand what you are reading while in a state of panic. I honestly didn't see that, either because I just missed it or am so freaked out that I ruined my phone. Being able to ask questions is what makes this forum so great. There are so many users out there that have been through this that sometimes it is easier to just ask for help. I hope that someday I will will know enough about this stuff that I will be able to help others with their questions with out even thinking twice about the answer. This is a great place to come to learn about your phone and all of the awesome things it can do! I really appreciate being able to come here to look for help when I am stuck and am thankful to everyone who has put the time in to have all the answers!

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
ok, that helped, i am now at a screen that says
reboot system now
apply sdcard:update.zip
wipedata/factory reset
wipe cache partition

do i wipe data/factory reset? dont want to make assumptions at this point!

By the way thank you all for helping. I owe everyone a beer!

If you want to get back to stock...you already are. We need to know what you would like to do.

And I didn't mean to single you out or make it sound like I was chastising you about reading things now. It is more of a lesson to others watching who have not rooted yet. Take your time, do some reading. Read how others get stuck and unstuck, and when you decide to root it will go far smoother than otherwise. When I rooted I created a thread that even resulted in me rooting SG instead of BB at the last minute. But, I read those instructions 3-4 times before I did anything:)

Meanwhile, as I said, we are here, and lots are here, to assist. That is what makes this forum so great. But if we can help someone not think they wrecked their phone it makes it a lot more fun for that person.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
If the rom that you were on before going to stock was a 2.1 rom, yes. You need to factory reset and wipe the cache partition. I just returned to stock using dmupdater from bugless beast a couple weeks ago and booted up to a bunch of force closes.

Dm updater is made to return you to stock from droidmod, which is 2.0.1 based and doesn't require a wipe, so it doesn't wipe for you.