I need help guys!!!!!!

anthony_rada

Reaction score
So this weekend I proposed to my girlfriend of five years. And my brother got the whole thing on video from his razr and now my fiance wants to show the whole world lol. I been trying to transfer it to my lap top but its not showing up for some reason. I have transferred videos before but from my Droid 3. Can somebody plz help. Thanks in advance everybody.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
So this weekend I proposed to my girlfriend of five years. And my brother got the whole thing on video from his razr and now my fiance wants to show the whole world lol. I been trying to transfer it to my lap top but its not showing up for some reason. I have transferred videos before but from my Droid 3. Can somebody plz help. Thanks in advance everybody.

What exactly isn't showing up, the video on the phone or the phone on the PC?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

Zandar

Reaction score
If you hook up the RAZR to your laptop and allow the drive to be mounted as storage (can't remember exactly what they call it, but there's an option to choose what to do when you plug the RAZR into a USB port and it's fairly obvious), videos should be under DCIM/camera either in sdcard or sdcard2. Be sure to mount internal (sdcard) and external (sdcard2) storage as it could be in either place depending on your brother's settings (it could also be in another folder under DCIM if you used something other than the stock camera, but I should think that would be unlikely).

Sorry; I know that's not the best explanation, but I hope it points you in the right direction. Congrats on the engagement, too; marriage rocks!

Sliced from my RAZR

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Congrats. There is always Dropbox. It's free to sign up.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Box is even better and comes with 50GB of storage free.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

SallyC

Reaction score
The steps Zandar spoke of (from Connecting to computer via USB in Android manual) are

1. Use the USB cable that came with your phone to connect the phone to a USB port on your computer. You receive a notification that the USB is connected.
  2. Open the Notifications panel and touch USB connected.
  3. Touch Turn on USB storage in the screen that opens to confirm that you want to transfer files.
  • When the phone is connected as USB storage, the screen indicates that USB storage is in use and you receive a notification.
  • Your phone’s USB storage or SD card is mounted as a drive on your computer. You can now copy files back and forth. For more information, see the documentation for your computer.
  • During this time, you can’t access the USB storage or SD card from your phone, so you can’t use applications that rely on them, such as Camera, Gallery, and Music.
  • You also can’t share your phone’s data connection with your computer via USB.
You can also look at Taking & Browsing Photos - Complete Guides and see if that helps.

Otherwise, as FoxKat wrote, more information is needed.

And, as Zandar says, Congratulations - Marriage rocks! If you put the video on YouTube post the link so we can all share the joy!

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Congratulations to you both on the engagement!

Were you able to transfer the video?

OP
anthony_rada

anthony_rada

Reaction score
Thanks for all the congrats guys. I will try today to transfer the video when I get off work. Ill try to share with my Android family as soon as I get it. Thanks for all the tips everyone, and if you have any tips for marriage ill take does too ;)

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Thanks for all the congrats guys. I will try today to transfer the video when I get off work. Ill try to share with my Android family as soon as I get it. Thanks for all the tips everyone, and if you have any tips for marriage ill take does too ;)

Just learn the phrase "yes dear" and you'll be fine. Remember the woman always has the last word in any argument. Anything the guys says after that is the start of a new argument.

This was posted using my Rezound.

benz0

Reaction score
Just learn the phrase "yes dear" and you'll be fine. Remember the woman always has the last word in any argument. Anything the guys says after that is the start of a new argument.

Lol... too funny!!! You are a very smart and wise man. ;)

OP
anthony_rada

anthony_rada

Reaction score

I just showed her your comment and she said "he must be an awesome husband" haha

brucin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure

These two simple words have made a happy marrige for my wife and I for 26 years "Yes Dear" use them often and you'll be fine congrats.

I didn't finish reading the whole thread but apparently we have corroboration.

mack1951

Reaction score
Been married for 36 years, the number 1 rule to remember is if Mommas not happy then nobodies gonna be happy.:biggrin::biggrin::icon_ banana::icon_ banana: Best wishes for a happy marriage.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Lol... too funny!!! You are a very smart and wise man. ;)

I just showed her your comment and she said "he must be an awesome husband" haha

Thanks guys. I've been married 20 years this month. It's nice to know that I learned something useful to pass on after all these years.:biggrin: