Where are my text messages?

tinstaafl

Reaction score
From time to time I want to transfer my text messages from my Droid Razr to my computer, but I can't find them on the Droid. I thought they would be in the "Android" folder, but that does not seem to be the case.

Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

Phil

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'm no expert, but I don't think your text messages are saved on your device, unless you save a pic or something. Then those are saved in the messaging file in the internal memory. I could be wrong.

If you want to save a message to your computer just email it to the computer. Let me see if that's an option.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Long press the message and select forward, then in recipients, just enter your email address. Sorry that's the only way I know.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Long press the message and select forward, then in recipients, just enter your email address. Sorry that's the only way I know.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!

That might possibly take along time if they are basically wanting to backup the messages...

Watching this topic for more options ...

----posted maxx'ed out----

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
That might possibly take along time if they are basically wanting to backup the messages...

Watching this topic for more options ...

----posted maxx'ed out----

I believe there is an app to (backup SMS) messages... isn't there??? Sorry, I don't personally use it but I think I saw it in the play store

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yep, there is, just search backup SMS in the play store... several of them are free.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I use SMS Backup & Restore from Ritesh Sahu. I've been using it for a couple years now. It works flawlessly. He also makes several other backup & utility tools including Call Logs Backup & Restore. They just work.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk with speech to text translation. Please excuse any minor grammatical/punctuation/spelling errors.