I need everyone's help

blue

Reaction score
I need everyone's help..someone stole my work, and is getting paid for it.

I just came across one of my boot animations in the market under the live wallpaper that I work very hard on a few months ago. this person did not ask my permission to use it, nor to sell it. I would not had a problem with it if they asked and where not charging for it. if you search for rotting Apple you will find it.

here is the link from when I made it and posted it on here..
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/9803-my-boot-animation.html

Last edited:

ExactDroid

Reaction score
So what type of help would you like?

Once you post something on the web it's a little hard to stop it from spreading.

If you want it taken down here are the steps I would take.

1. Contact the person who posted it on the market.
2. Request that he take it down.
3. Send a copy of this request in writing to google.

If that fails send a "Final Demand" letter to the person certified mail (if you can get his address)

Other then that without throwing money at it with an attorney... your sol.

ExactDroid

Reaction score
Considering your post here though... you have done the same thing... took an image created by someone else and edited it. So you don't have a leg to stand on really unless you are the creator of the artwork.

Nice! Is the apple portion made from scratch? If so, amazing!
the apple its self i found. the "rotting of the apple" i did

OP
B

blue

Reaction score
Considering your post here though... you have done the same thing... took an image created by someone else and edited it. So you don't have a leg to stand on really unless you are the creator of the artwork.

Nice! Is the apple portion made from scratch? If so, amazing!
Kinda, it was edited, this person has not changed it at all. The Apple was edited to the point where it became something totally different. I never charged anyone for it either, this person is.

JCo352

Reaction score

Kinda, it was edited, this person has not changed it at all. The Apple was edited to the point where it became something totally different. I never charged anyone for it either, this person is.

You're right, you didn't charge for it, that's the difference. Now I would contact this person, either tell him to take it down, or share the cash. Use the scare tactic.

superglen99

Reaction score
I just found the app and flagged as inapropriate. I stated it was stolen and should be taken down.

OP
B

blue

Reaction score
I just found the app and flagged as inapropriate. I stated it was stolen and should be taken down.

Thank you...

In a way I kinda feel touched that they are using mine, and I would not of cared if they did not charge for it. But they are charging for it, and that's just not right.

iPirate

Reaction score
I cant find it on the market. Did you post your source code? apk?

OP
B

blue

Reaction score
I posted up a zip of the boot animation back in December, this person made it into a live wallpaper.

Try doing a search for JoMaMa, or A smokey wallpaper, or blue smoke wallpaper

OP
B

blue

Reaction score
Well he never responded to my email. He has added "thanks to crazietj for making this possible". That would be me. He has also added a new wallpaper called a spiral wallpaper, I'm not sure if he has asked them for permission to use it. But I now know where he his getting our stuff from. Droidboots is listed in the description of the spiral one. I sent the person who created droidboots a message today about this. Droidboots has permission for my stuff.