Custom Boot Animation

Yodes

Reaction score
Ok I know there have been numerous guides covering this, and I have read them all. However I am still having a problem getting a custom boot animation set.

This is the Boot Animation I am wanting: SkyNet Boot Animation.

I have the file downloaded and named as bootanimation.zip. I put it on my SD card and then through root explorer I moved it to the /data/local folder as the guides say. Still no luck I get the standard Red Eye boot. I then found another guide that suggested moving it to /system/media. That didn't work either because I still got the Red Eye boot animation.

I asked for help in a number of the threads with guides for boot animations but it has been quite a while and no one has responded to my inqueries. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Reaction score
it should work once it's in /data/local...the only thing i can think of is check the permissions in root explorer of the bootani.zip file...mine shows the first 2 columns all checked and none under execute..

OP
Yodes

Yodes

Reaction score
I tried that and still nothing. However as I was re-moving some files around I noticed that once I out the bootanimation.zip file in /system/media now I have a CyanogenMod boot animation. Is there something with Cyanogen that could be causing this problem?

Reaction score
not that i can think of. i use cyanogen and moving any bootani to data/local has worked perfectly for me everytime. are you sure you're putting the skynet bootanimation.zip in data/local? since they're all named bootanimation.zip you might just be trying the wrong one.

but, once again this is why people need to learn how to use adb..