Droid Forum for angry negative people. Help appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
People can be rude on here though I got called a idiot because I was in a droid x gb disscussion and I posted some information and people decided to flame me and double team saying I know nothing of the os

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

We don't tolerate rude people, Droid anonymous. If someone calls you an idiot, report it. A moderator will take care of that person.

Now you are being rude in this thread and quite frankly I don't like it. Be respectful to everyone, Respect is #1 in the Droid Forum.

OP, my condolences, And I apologize for what you are witnessing here, this is not what Droid Forums is about.

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
Ok sry

Wow dude the guy wants to contact his cousin friends for funeral arrangements. And who gets buried with their phone theres always dumb comments like this guys.

Your cousin put a PIN lock on his device to protect his privacy. Respect that privacy and bury the phone with him. Put a notice in the paper in the obituary section and look up anyone you can think of through the phone books.

If the phone is to be passed on to someone through will and testement then it will have to be reset and the new user can start all over from scratch.

Sorry...but that is what PIN locks are designed for.

Nate

Your reply was proof of his thread title "Droid Forum for angry negative people".
Didn't help the OP at all.

Now, I don't think him being buried with a cell phone, unless it was in his will, was a good idea. But the privacy thing wasn't such a bad comment. Maybe he did have things on his phone he didn't wany anyone to have, photos, texts, etc. Whether he was a live or dead.

I'm still not sure how to help you, chatke05, except my original idea, your aunt and uncle could go unlock it (if Verizon will do that) and you take the time to make the calls.

Does this phone have a SD card or SIM card? Maybe it could be used on another phone? Verizon may have to sync that up too, but not sure.

Other then that I'm not sure. Wish I could be of more help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
How am I being rude im telling the guy saying that who wants to be buried with their phone? His.grandparents wants his phone unlocked so his friends can be contacted I felt his response didnt make sense thats all sorry if im sounding rude.

People can be rude on here though I got called a idiot because I was in a droid x gb disscussion and I posted some information and people decided to flame me and double team saying I know nothing of the os

We don't tolerate rude people, Droid anonymous. If someone calls you an idiot, report it. A moderator will take care of that person.

Now you are being rude in this thread and quite frankly I don't like it. Be respectful to everyone, Respect is #1 in the Droid Forum.

OP, my condolences, And I apologize for what you are witnessing here, this is not what Droid Forums is about.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Unless some positive things are said in here, this will be closing up. To the O.P. I am very sorry for your loss.

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
I dont use pinlocks on my phone there's gota be something to where you.can recover his password wether it be a birthdate or a year age or date he been.with his girlfriend try something.like that

BodyBagz

Reaction score
I too am sorry for your loss. But, and I "type" this as gently as I can...if your cousins phone had a PIN Lock that was being used, then it was obviously there for a reason. As much as you would like to help out your Aunt and Uncle with calling some friends, there are better ways as I am sure you know, such as FaceBook...

A Privacy lock is just that, for Privacy. As far as I know, there is nothing Verizon can do to bypass the lock, except maybe boot into recovery and data wipe it...which will defeat the purpose of carrying it to them. As a last resort, explain to a Verizon store rep what has happened, and see if there are any Verizon Back-ups stored that can be exported...but dont expect them to actually cmply with this...as it to is a Privacy issue.

Again, I am sorry for your loss, and I am also sorry you had a "sour" experience here on Droid Forums...

lockman

Reaction score
I'm sorry for your loss.
Contacting google and explaining the situation might be the best route. They may give access to his account which would give you his contacts, and maybe a clue to his unlock code. I'd say try htc, but even if they have a backdoor, I doubt it would be quick enough to get the word out.

OP
C

chatke05

Reaction score
I would like to say thanks to those who responded.

I am going to stop pursuing a way to bypass the pin lock. It had seemed benificial and I thought if anyone could help this would be the place to look. However it seems that there is no way to do so. Once again thank you to everyone who addressed the original question.

Reaction score
I'm sorry for your loss as well.

Most people on here aren't mean or negative, but usually hope people use the search button before asking a question, etc. If you see it from our view coming on here and saying "I wanna bypass the pin lock" we assume its not your phone and wonder why you wanna bypass it (maybe its stolen, or you don't trust your gf/wife, etc) overall people are extremely nice and helpful on this forum.

Now onto your problem, verizon should be able to deal with this (don't see why they can't) but if they somehow are unable too I would contact google and tell them what happened.

Hope this helps

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I too am sorry for your loss but the only thing we can suggest is going to verizon because we have no way of getting around the locks. That is the purpose of security lock and lock can not distinguish intent.

If you have any more questions you can pm me but for now I am closing the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.