Need help with ESN

Mustafa7777

Reaction score
Hi, Now I wanna sell my iphone to buy a droid. I wanna sell it because I don't like it. Anyways, I listed it on ebay, the buyer asked me if the ESN is clean so I checked... It wasn't clean. Why? It's not like I stole it, is there any reason why its not clean? Is it because its activated and if I wanna clean it I have to deactivate it? Is it because im in the middle of my monthly fee and I need to pay it? I'm really frustrated. I just wanna get rid of my iphone..

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Hi, Now I wanna sell my iphone to buy a droid. I wanna sell it because I don't like it. Anyways, I listed it on ebay, the buyer asked me if the ESN is clean so I checked... It wasn't clean. Why? It's not like I stole it, is there any reason why its not clean? Is it because its activated and if I wanna clean it I have to deactivate it? Is it because im in the middle of my monthly fee and I need to pay it? I'm really frustrated. I just wanna get rid of my iphone..

It's because the phone is activated. In order for the phone to be "clean" for someone else to use, you'll have to deactivate it from your account. That will require you to first activate a different phone on your account.