Droid Forum for angry negative people. Help appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

chatke05

Reaction score
I joined this site yesterday after no luck searching for information online. I posted a question and was receiving quick responses. A great positive sign. That is what anyone with a question would want to see. However each response was negative. Then when I openly noted the device I was asking about was not mine. I was told that I stole the device. And then the thread was closed. End of story.

The Device was not stolen. Someone asked if it was mine. I openly responded no. But for some reason everyone wanted to jump to conclusions and not even give me a chance. Thanks for the help!

Why is it that people seem so angry and negative on these chat boards? It seems as if everyone takes there own frustration out on someone else via words in a chat board. If anyone could help me out It would be greatly appreciated.

My question was is there a way to bypass the pin lock on an HTC Incredible? I know previously on old software you could hit the back button during an incoming call but that has been updated. As I mentioned this is not my device. But it is not stolen.

The phone belongs to my cousin who passed away on Monday night. My aunt and uncle asked me if I would be able to contact his friends because we went to school together and are only 2 years apart. I know some of them but was hoping his phone would be helpful to make others aware and let them know about arrangements.

Sorry I didn't disclose all of this information earlier. But I guess thats what it takes for people to not think you stole a phone.

If anyone knows a way around the pin lock it would be greatly appreciated. Someone had mentioned a hard reset but I was also told I would lose any numbers that weren't saved to his account. That numbers stored on the phone would be lost and that I would lose recent calls and messages as well.

Thanks for everyones help in advance.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Sorry for your loss...

It's not that we are angry negative people but it's hard to prove or disprove anything on the net, so we generally take the stance that we do not offer help to bypass security features.

You can also get his numbers from his gmail account if you have that password was well.

I'll leave this open and anyone with a suggestion should contact you via PM.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i would have your aunt or uncle take the phone to VZW and see what they could do,, i dont know of anyway vs a hard reset.

OP
C

chatke05

Reaction score
Thank you.

I had just thought using his phone would be the easiest way to contact many people he knew and was close to. I don't think I can ask my aunt or uncle to do anything with the phone. They had just asked for my help to let those who should know be aware of what happened. They have many other things to focus on.

If anyone does know a way around the pin lock it would be very helpful. If there is not I understand and will just get the word out other ways.

Thanks

debdroid1a

Reaction score
All they would have to do is take the phone to Verizon and unlock it. Then you could make the calls.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
All they would have to do is take the phone to Verizon and unlock it. Then you could make the calls.

It's not like VZW has a magic code to unlock the device.

debdroid1a

Reaction score

It's not like VZW has a magic code to unlock the device.
Justin82 posted above that it could be done. The OP said his aunt and uncle couldn't make the calls. Which I understand. So I offered an idea where hopefully it all could get done.

If VZW can't unlock the phone, then the OP is probably out of luck. Give the phone back to his aunt and uncle and they can take care of the phone later, after the funeral and had time to heal. Hopefully they've contacted Verizon to cancel the phone charges on it.

Wuzz Ranger

Reaction score
Chatke05, sorry you were treated so badly on here. This really is a great place to get help!

nateccnn

Reaction score
Your cousin put a PIN lock on his device to protect his privacy. Respect that privacy and bury the phone with him. Put a notice in the paper in the obituary section and look up anyone you can think of through the phone books.

If the phone is to be passed on to someone through will and testement then it will have to be reset and the new user can start all over from scratch.

Sorry...but that is what PIN locks are designed for.

Nate

OP
C

chatke05

Reaction score
Thanks Wuzz Ranger.

I appreciate everyones feedback. Just seems like people get away from the point of the original post and question very quickly.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Your cousin put a PIN lock on his device to protect his privacy. Respect that privacy and bury the phone with him. Put a notice in the paper in the obituary section and look up anyone you can think of through the phone books.

If the phone is to be passed on to someone through will and testement then it will have to be reset and the new user can start all over from scratch.

Nate

So you would rather have people that you talked to that possibly didnt live near you not know? Imo its a valid request to bypass the pin lock to be able to let people who should know on something like that.

Sorry for your loss and that i cant help op....

Sent from my Fissioned D2G

OP
C

chatke05

Reaction score

Nate

So you would rather have people that you talked to that possibly didnt live near you not know? Imo its a valid request to bypass the pin lock to be able to let people who should know on something like that.

Sorry for your loss and that i cant help op....

Sent from my Fissioned D2G

Thank you 13th angel.

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
Wow dude the guy wants to contact his cousin friends for funeral arrangements. And who gets buried with their phone theres always dumb comments like this guys.

Nate

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Last edited by a moderator:

debdroid1a

Reaction score
Wow dude the guy wants to contact his cousin friends for funeral arrangements. And who gets buried with their phone theres always dumb comments like this guys.

Nate

Your reply was proof of his thread title "Droid Forum for angry negative people".
Didn't help the OP at all.

Now, I don't think him being buried with a cell phone, unless it was in his will, was a good idea. But the privacy thing wasn't such a bad comment. Maybe he did have things on his phone he didn't wany anyone to have, photos, texts, etc. Whether he was a live or dead.

I'm still not sure how to help you, chatke05, except my original idea, your aunt and uncle could go unlock it (if Verizon will do that) and you take the time to make the calls.

Does this phone have a SD card or SIM card? Maybe it could be used on another phone? Verizon may have to sync that up too, but not sure.

Other then that I'm not sure. Wish I could be of more help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
People can be rude on here though I got called a idiot because I was in a droid x gb disscussion and I posted some information and people decided to flame me and double team saying I know nothing of the os

Status
Not open for further replies.