I need advice ASAP

Lifeguard18

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am new here and idk if this is suppose to be here or not. And this maybe the only time I will visit. If I have any other problems I know where to come :D

Ok so today I used z4root and was totally happy that I could finally tether without having additional costs.

When I was using the thether for my laptop, it came to my mind if I just did something to my sim card.

Does this root activate it, have additional costs, unlock it or something?

Out of fear of this, I unrooted it whoch took five seconds and googled search some help and found no results.

I really need an answer to avoid the bill going up and my parents finding out my sim was activated and additional fees were added to the bill.

Thank you so much.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

OP
L

Lifeguard18

Reaction score
Rooting does nothing to increase your bill. Verizon has no way of knowing you are rooted or using the tethering ability of your phone. Reroot and enjoy!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Thank you soo much. My sim should be fine? I didn't unlock anything or activate my sim?

bgrade

Reaction score
just make sure that if you have to return the phone to verizon for any reason, do a search on this forum, cause you will have to unroot before taking it back.

silver6054

Reaction score
Rooting does nothing to increase your bill. Verizon has no way of knowing you are rooted or using the tethering ability of your phone. Reroot and enjoy!

Thank you soo much. My sim should be fine? I didn't unlock anything or activate my sim?

Rooting and unlocking the SIM are independent processes (i.e. you can get it unlocked without root and vice-versa). Activating the SIM is yet a third one! (You can only get the supplied SIM activated by calling Verizon Global Services, you need to unlock the phone to use another). Also, in the worst case, even if you did activate the SIM, it doesn't work while based in the US, so there are no possible charges. Your secret is safe with, oh, the internet!

As a previous poster said, just remember to unroot if you need to return the phone to Verizon.

OP
L

Lifeguard18

Reaction score

Rooting and unlocking the SIM are independent processes (i.e. you can get it unlocked without root and vice-versa). Activating the SIM is yet a third one! (You can only get the supplied SIM activated by calling Verizon Global Services, you need to unlock the phone to use another). Also, in the worst case, even if you did activate the SIM, it doesn't work while based in the US, so there are no possible charges. Your secret is safe with, oh, the internet!

As a previous poster said, just remember to unroot if you need to return the phone to Verizon.

Thank you. This helped me a lot. Google gave me a lot of crazy, and a lot of unrelated results.

OP
L

Lifeguard18

Reaction score
just make sure that if you have to return the phone to verizon for any reason, do a search on this forum, cause you will have to unroot before taking it back.

Thank you and I will. Lol. I just got my global a few weeks ago cause my original, never rooted droid 2 had a bad case of cracked screen xD