Need Help ASAP. No Service Global

TinMan09

Reaction score
So i left last night to go back to afghanistan. I get here to Germany and turn on my phone hoping to text the wife and let her know im ok and no service. Guy next to me has a blackberry on verizon working. First thought was damn Fission is messing it up and not letting me connect to GSM, so i restored to put me back to factory with the 2.4.3 update. Still nothing. I need service. I bought a global phone for a reason. Any Idea? O yeah and when i try to connect manually to networks i get a message saying Your Sim card does not allow a connection to this network on some networks and some networks just tell me service is unavailable. HELP!!!! lol. Meanwhile im going back to fission.

Soladzur

Reaction score
If you use Droid 2 Global, then to connect GSM networks worldwide with local SIM cards you have to unlock it.
Or use Vodafone SIM-card that is coming together with D2G.

OP
TinMan09

TinMan09

Reaction score
I don't care about unlocking or using local sims. I've got a vdrizon global sim card and plan.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I don't care about unlocking or using local sims. I've got a vdrizon global sim card and plan.

Call VZW Global Support. Did you have them configure everything before you left the states?

erikd105

Reaction score
Reach VZW Global Support at 908-559-4899 to ensure your SIM is active.

OP
TinMan09

TinMan09

Reaction score
So apparently when I switched from my blackberry to the droid verizon locked my sim card. Its fixed. Thanks everyone

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App