Active Sync Question

David526

Reaction score
Hello. I finally got a DINC yesterday (I've been lurking around here for a year)!

I just set up a personal (AOL) account, and my school Outlook account. I used Active Sync.

I just want to make sure that this will not incur any additional charges on my bill. When I signed up, I got the $29.99 data pack and they asked if I needed one with corporate email for $44.99, but I got the cheaper one. Does Active Sync count as corporate or am I safe?

Thanks!

Mikej7

Reaction score
Active Sync just uses data, so - set it up to check for mail every 30 minutes or so. If you set it up to as they arrive (push) you will most likely go over your allowed data and incure huge charges! Just depends on how much mail you send and receive.

Reaction score
Ok the dude above me is severely misinformed, First off no you wont incur more charges that more expensive data plan is just for corporate accounts. Second to the dude above me their is no data cap on your phone i dont care what rep you heard it from, i dont care what user you heard it from they're wrong. Your data plan on your phone truely is unlimited as long as the data is on the phone and not tether when even then its a good chance u wont be caught. I do over 9GBs a month on my phone so no their isnt a data cap. Op use push email till your hearts content mate. I dont mean to sound mean im just tired of new people spreading misinformation.

Droids

Reaction score
Ok the dude above me is severely misinformed, First off no you wont incur more charges that more expensive data plan is just for corporate accounts. Second to the dude above me their is no data cap on your phone i dont care what rep you heard it from, i dont care what user you heard it from they're wrong. Your data plan on your phone truely is unlimited as long as the data is on the phone and not tether when even then its a good chance u wont be caught. I do over 9GBs a month on my phone so no their isnt a data cap. Op use push email till your hearts content mate. I dont mean to sound mean im just tired of new people spreading misinformation.
Yup +1000
No flames intended but flamedragon got it right :)