I love my Droid but it doesn't love me back.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by Hannahbeader, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Hannahbeader

Hannahbeader New Member

Hi, 62 years old and a newbie, how's that. I have had my Droid (just plain Droid) for almost a year now. It has proved to be wonderful on the web, wonderful for texting and messaging but its phone properties suck. It has dropped calls from the start. Now that I discovered 3 days ago the "Mute" while on a call I wondered what would happen where all of a sudden my callees couldn't hear me but I could sure hear them cussing me up one side and down the other for that "?/?/?/?/" Droid phone! But as I say, I found out that I was pushing the Mute button that I didn't even know was there. But the dropped calls started slowly and have been gaining to the point of 6-8 callbacks in a 1/2 hour call. It either goes to a blank screen, the screen that shows my apps or it goes completely off where I have to unlock to get back on the phone. Why? I would just like to make a phone call. Isn't that the reason to have a phone, not for a computer, not for a messaging machine but as a phone, that one inconceivable convenience that we all must have to live our lives these days. I may just go back to my G'One that I had before. At least it knew it was a phone who just happened to be able to get web and text. Help me out here. I really am about ready to get rid of this Droid if I can't figure something out to do.
  2. Hawaiian Princess

Hawaiian Princess Moderator

welcome to the forum. have u cleared/wiped data/cache? it may/may not make a difference but maybe ur phone could be getting getting overly worked esp if ur browsing a lot. have u factory reset? it could multiple things and if u haven't rooted, take it to vzw store to have it looked at. let the tech do their job...Lol

ALOHA from Hawaii
  3. brad92

brad92 New Member

Welcome and Hawaiian Princess has given good advice.

Apex 2.0 Revolution
  4. Hawaiian Princess

I have? really? LOL im just playing. im a jokester today...omg is that spelled right? Lol

ALOHA from Hawaii
  5. brad92

brad92 New Member

I am fighting the urge to ask if you are drunk... AHAHA!!

Just kidding. ;)

Apex 2.0 Revolution
  6. Hawaiian Princess

LOL its called lack of sleep! delirious more like

ALOHA from Hawaii
  7. bendystrawboy

bendystrawboy New Member

you haven't mentioned how your signal is when you're dropping these calls, signal is usually the reason for dropping calls..

if you're unsure go to the market and download a widget called mobile signal widget, it'll give you your best idea of how much signal you have.
  8. Hannahbeader

Hannahbeader New Member

Maybe it will get straightened out

I always have good signal, 3-4 bars constantly. I know nothing about what you are talking about but I have decided to take it in to a store and let the techs work it out.
  9. Hawaiian Princess

he was mentioning about an app u may wanna use to show a signal strength. but like I had mentioned and u have done, take it to the store. hope everything worked out

ALOHA from Hawaii
  10. Tboy72

Tboy72 New Member

The very first thing I would do if I were you is a factory reset. Just wipe it and start over with a fresh slate. Then "trim the fat" with the apps. Don't overload it with a lot of apps that you don't really use.

Seriously, factory reset and if that doesn't work, then go to the nearest Verizon store and let the techs do their jobs.dancedroid