Love hate the Droid

Janetsbest

Reaction score
I love the apps and productivity of my new Droid but it drops calls so often that it is practically unusable as a phone. I have had it reprogrammed (to the towers) and played around with the app usage. Still so many dropped calls....I'm taking it back (again) and will hopefully get a replacement. I have read the forums on this and I don't have long hair. Never had a problem with Verizon before so I think it's the phone. This is totally unacceptable.

OP
J

Janetsbest

Reaction score
no long hair

I have very short hair. Still dropping almost every call. frustrating.

JCo352

Reaction score
wow sorry to hear, has to be that peticular phone, because i have not dropped one call since i got this phone

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
You are in the minority here. The Droid is easily one of the better phones in terms of reception and signal quality. It is possible you have a bad radio or other hardware issues. Do you have another phone on your plan to compare to? If the Droid is showing any lower signal than the other phone than you need to get it swapped out. I have three other phones and the Droid is always higher or tied with the others and often is the only one that can make/receive calls on in the pastures or on the trails.

Are you new to VZW? If not and your previous phone had good reception that too would point to a hardware issue. Hows the coverage map(s) look in your area?

DessoThumbs

Reaction score

Yes, but is it blonde??

J/K
:)

I live pretty much in the sticks, a redneck community out past BFegypt and I've never had a dropped call and only RARELY do I go from 3G to 1x.

Sorry to hear about your phone.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

Yes, but is it blonde??

J/K
:)

I live pretty much in the sticks, a redneck community out past BFegypt and I've never had a dropped call and only RARELY do I go from 3G to 1x.

Sorry to hear about your phone.

lol.. anyway, I would try a new phone.. dropped calls really isnt an issue with droid technologically speaking... dont live underground do ya? :)

OP
J

Janetsbest

Reaction score
not the only one experiencing dropped calls

I have had Verizon for many years with a variety of phones. Virtually never had a dropped call until I got this Droid a few weeks ago. 70% of my calls are dropped in a similar way that I seen many other people on this forum site complain about. I have checked other sites and similar problems are reported. I'll try to get a new Droid, but from what I read, this only helps about 50% of the time. I really boasted to all about how much I loved my Droid but now I feel like a fool cuz this phone bites!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nobody said you were the only one experiencing dropped calls, what we are saying is it's probably the phone itself or you could be experiencing a tower issue. I see people complain about the phone all the time, some say they can't hear, others say they can't be heard and some say dropped calls. Mine works excellent, never drops a call and is crystal clear. That's my experience.