1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Love the Droid, BUT..

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by Hagens3, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Hagens3

Hagens3 New Member

Hey, I love the droid but i only have one problem. I like to keep my phone on vibrate but it tends not to vibrate when i receive a text message. Is there anything in the settings that I am missing? or do I need to download a app for this to be possible. Thanks.
  2. KiDDB

KiDDB New Member

There is an app called "Locale" that might be what you need try it out
  3. tha]-[acksaw

tha]-[acksaw New Member

When I first got the Droid I was having major problems with notifications for txt messages. I downloaded the free handcent app. It seems to be great for txt messages. It do all my notifications through that thing. So it will vibrate or ring or both, and you can set reminder intervals, which is great!

I didn't even have the phone a day before I switched over to Handcent, so I'm not too up on the stock txt app. I just have all it's notifications turned off, and Handcent does everything.
  4. struong57

struong57 New Member

You don't need an apparently to have text notifications vibrate and ring,just ho into settings and ensure that you have vibrate on for your text notifications. The Droid will allow you to have ring & vibrate on all your notifications/incoming calls/emails, etc...
  5. Laurence5905

Laurence5905 New Member

If you open up the Droid's built-in Messaging App, and tap the Menu button while you're in there, then select Settings, there should be a setting that will allow you to turn on Vibrate when you recieve a text message. You can also change the notification ringtone for texts too (or choose Silent for your ringtone, if you just want it to vibrate.)