Love the Droid, BUT..

Hagens3

Reaction score
Hey, I love the droid but i only have one problem. I like to keep my phone on vibrate but it tends not to vibrate when i receive a text message. Is there anything in the settings that I am missing? or do I need to download a app for this to be possible. Thanks.

KiDDB

Reaction score
There is an app called "Locale" that might be what you need try it out

tha]-[acksaw

Reaction score
When I first got the Droid I was having major problems with notifications for txt messages. I downloaded the free handcent app. It seems to be great for txt messages. It do all my notifications through that thing. So it will vibrate or ring or both, and you can set reminder intervals, which is great!

I didn't even have the phone a day before I switched over to Handcent, so I'm not too up on the stock txt app. I just have all it's notifications turned off, and Handcent does everything.

struong57

Reaction score
You don't need an apparently to have text notifications vibrate and ring,just ho into settings and ensure that you have vibrate on for your text notifications. The Droid will allow you to have ring & vibrate on all your notifications/incoming calls/emails, etc...

Laurence5905

Reaction score
If you open up the Droid's built-in Messaging App, and tap the Menu button while you're in there, then select Settings, there should be a setting that will allow you to turn on Vibrate when you recieve a text message. You can also change the notification ringtone for texts too (or choose Silent for your ringtone, if you just want it to vibrate.)