I lose my 3G/1x connection for no reason (IOException) error

knighthonor

Reaction score
Hi I am having a problem with my droid X.

I been searching the net, but the problem Iam having is that I am losing my internet connection when iam on Campus. Even when standing outside.

but whats weird, is that, when my phone is off(sleep mode), and cuts on, I have a split second of 3G connection, but it soon cuts off. I tested this, by trying to send a Facebook message on the app, before my phone went into sleep mode (which gave me a error of no connection),
then after I quickly brung the phone screen back up, which the 3G was back at the top of the screen, and allowed me to send the message. but a second or so later, the 3G cut off again.

When I leave the campus, the signal works fine like normal.

But on campus, there has to be something fishy going on. Why would I get 3G connection after turning on the screen, if there is no signal in the area?

CxUNG

Reaction score
Your campus might have something to trigger the service because when i went with my friend to visit UTI the same thing happened and i ask the tour person why ihave no service he said theres was something in the building to turn service off but when your at the lobby it works fine.

Sent from DROiDx using DROiDforumsAPP

travisn000

Reaction score
I would guess that the campus is a high data use area and is probably throttled by verizon... there is a hack that is suppose to disable the vzw throttling; I forget if it was posted here, or at XDA though.

The other thing to try is to update your "roaming" via *228

..you can also try and force your phone into EVDO only ('3G') using *#*#4636#*#* and set it as the preferred network type (..about half way down on the phone settings page accessed via that number).

DroidTerror

Reaction score
my issue is i loose my 3g and get a 1x at home and my phone calls go straight to voicemail. I've had this phone for about 5 moths and this issue I've had for about a month. So I don't know what changed. Anyone having the same issue??

travisn000

Reaction score
...I just read that the EVDO only mode will block phone and text... if you want them and data you have to leave the phone set to it's default CDMA auto mode.

:/