Connection (3G, 1X) Issues

droided1

Reaction score
Evening All,
I've had my Droid X for a day and a half, and Im already close to trying to take it back and exchanging it for a different Droid. First off, I just upgraded from the D1. My Droid X seems to have a week signal 90% of the time, whereas sitting on my couch Id be 3G just fine doing whatever on the net from my D1, seems to be like pulling teeth now with my DX. Most of the time it seems I have 3G with 1 bar, but as soon as I try to do something, 1X with a bar or two seems to come up, and it takes forever to get anything done. I never had these kinds of connection issues with my Droid 1. Seems really the only way to get max use of the phone is to sit outside on my patio... seems kind of rediculous to me. Aye... anyone run into anything similiar? Fixes? Finally gave up and went with a different one? Apologies if this has been addressed before, went a couple pages and didnt see much similar.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I think something is going on with VZW's network. A bunch of people including myself are experiencing this.

I've noticed it the past 2-3 days

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have noticed a lot of the signal problems within the past about week and a half it gets annoying sometimes. Let's all hope verizon can fix its network so we will all have 3G no matter where we are.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
droided1

droided1

Reaction score
Update.
Called Verizon and talked with their Tech Support, went through some standard mumbo (#832, reactivated phone, *18), tech there says appears to be an isolated incident. Told me to try phone now until Monday and go from there. Im going to go to the Verizon Authorized Reseller tom and try and get my phone swapped out for another one. Really like this phone, minus my connection issues... hoping its gonna be an easy fix.

horseshoe9

Reaction score
Sitting outside on the patio would make a terrific Superbowl commercial. Imagine if your patio was near a CO where the signal drops into the high 50s and the 3G/bars are super. People would flock to the device thinking it would work anywhere just like the patio scene.

the5barrons

Reaction score
Maybe your d1 just didn't reflect the 3g 1x flip flop as fast as the dx can.

Mine constantly switches. I don't notice a performance problem at all. When I'm in a spot where wireless is available, I hook up. Vzw signal, good or bad, 3g or 1x, can't defeat wireless.

Swyped while being lazy in the DXForumApp

OP
droided1

droided1

Reaction score
I just exchanged my DX for a new one at the store. So far, working flawlessly. Usually always 3G now with half to full bars, like it was with my D1. From the looks, the original DX I got was a bad device.

MAzing87

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem. Maybe I should do the same and get a working device.

OP
droided1

droided1

Reaction score
I would highly recommend exchanging it if you can. I was getting pretty ticked, but since I got a new one, its worked flawless. Love the phone even more.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

spider210

Reaction score
Had the same problem... started 930est last night till about 1130am this morning.

Had no 3g and no 1x just was about to call and text... Nothing internet related worked on my phone.

Went through updating prl and reactivating phone. tech support suggested resetting phone, did so and nothing came about. they created a network ticket for me. around 1045am this morning.

Around 1130am this morning 3g appeared back on my phone and has been working fine ever since.

Not sure where the problem lies but I asked if i could been shut off because i use a lot of data on my phone every month and she said not that she knew of. The lady asked how much data I use avg monthly and I told her 20-25gb, she gasped and said wow thats a lot of usage. I just replied and said, i'm glad its unlimited...

So I don't know where the issue resided but they fixed it... Obviously it was on their side.

horseshoe9

Reaction score
Spider,

Hopefully the fix is permanent for you. It has been ongoing for me regardless of Verizon and Moto tech level 2 and 3 calls. I am in good company it appears from this and other sites.

george396

Reaction score
about 12:30 today, in niagara falls ny, my droid 2 quit 3g and 1x while trying to refresh gmail. i am now 40 miles east of there and still only get bars only. text and phone work. tried re-activiating, rebooting, looking all the settings i could. no love. hoping magically it will fix itself by morning. maybe this is related to the update i got last week???

george396

Reaction score
AAH HAA!!!!!! I FOUND IT! on droid 2 menu > settings> data manager > data delivery > data enabled needs to be checked.

pbj420

Reaction score
I have been dealing with Verizon on this issue for almost two months now. I call every week and keep having to go through the* 228 every time. Finally a week ago they put up a ticket to have someone check my area. They say that i live 2500 ft from nearest tower and everything looks good. They send me what they call like new refurbished phone. When i get i power it on to activate it and it has pixels already burnt out in it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App