I know this might be obvious...

margni

Reaction score
Is there a way to set a distinct Wallpaper for Each desktop in the Droid 2?

deborah3756

Reaction score
Not that I know of unless you can do it with a rooted phone.

Sent from my DROID2

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Meaning the lock screen has a different pic than your wallpaper?

DroidForums junkie!!

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
With certain replacement launchers. I think there is another way but includes a lot of cropping, etc.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
There is a free app in the Market called MultiPicture Live Wallpaper that can do what you are asking -

OP
M

margni

Reaction score
Thanks to all of you for your responses... I apologize for not being able to answer sooner...

Yes. I would like to have each individual desktop panel have an individual & distinct wallpaper...

I will take a gander at the 'mulitpicture' live wallpaper app in the market.

Again, thanks for your responses - I totally am hooked on the droid - and I've barely had the thing since Sunday last!

OP
M

margni

Reaction score
It's a shame I still have a b-berry for work... (yes... sigh...) but you'd have to peel the android out of my cold dead fingers... Or at least until I have to charge it up...

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
It's a shame I still have a b-berry for work... (yes... sigh...) but you'd have to peel the android out of my cold dead fingers... Or at least until I have to charge it up...
So you're saying that if I give you some soda with strychnine in it I get a free Droid? ;)

Let us know how that app works for you. I've been telling other people about it and I haven't tested it myself because I really like my home screen image, so knowing if it's exactly what you wanted would be very helpful. :)

OP
M

margni

Reaction score
Ok... Got the MultiPicture Live Wallpaper app downloaded onto the phone. That was the easy part!

Now I go to change out the wallpaper. Select Wallpapers >> Live Wallpapers >> there it is! >> I select it >> the screen(s) go black, and text appears in the middle of the screen saying 'Picture not set: Screen 1"

I select settings, and can change type of screen (to single picture), and look through the rest of the settings i.e. background color, ratios, opacity/saturation... et al.

When I choose "single picture" from type of screen, I get a dialog to find some pictures, but I don't know where/how to navigate to the droid's internal pictures (after all, it's a star wars droid =~)

So now I'm stuck! How do I get this to take a picture from the array of pictures the thing already has in it?

If one of you can tell me that, I'd bet we'd be back in business!

Thanks for watching me fumble with my droid - but this is how I really will learn it!

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
I think someone with more time than I have will have to play around with it to help you out. :)

Of course, if it can wait a couple days I might take one for the team. ;)

OP
M

margni

Reaction score
Sorry for not getting back sooner... I have tried to work with the MultiPicture Live app, and couldn't seem to get it to work - even with photos I took from the phone's camera.

Maybe I'm stupid, but I gave up on it... I uninstalled Multipicture for now.

My apologies, but I knew I needed to come back and put a little closure to this from my end.

Again, thanks to all for your help in this!

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Thanks for the feedback. It might have been an incompatibility with the R2D2 -- that is the rarest of all Android phones on VZW (other than ones flashed over).

shawn13165

Reaction score
Ok, checked this app out and to select pics and whatever you want from phone you have to select the settings and screen #. From there select type of screen and your presented with list of options, one of them being single picture which then gives you choice of photos and wallpapers that are on the phone. You can also go with a random selection and choose which folder is pulls from, duration, etc.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App