Phone w/out Wallpaper?

MonkeyTime

Reaction score
Looking to see if there's any way to have my phone desktop set w/out a wallpaper. I recently had something funny going on with the picture I was using as a wallpaper, and the desktop was just black. Turns out, I really like it!

I know I could create a all black picture and set that, but I've read about some problems in the gallery if there is black photo.

Any other ideas on how to get this accomplished?

ABQNM

Reaction score
Looking to see if there's any way to have my phone desktop set w/out a wallpaper. I recently had something funny going on with the picture I was using as a wallpaper, and the desktop was just black. Turns out, I really like it!

I know I could create a all black picture and set that, but I've read about some problems in the gallery if there is black photo.

Any other ideas on how to get this accomplished?

Other than the black photo, I do not know of a way on stock. CM7 gives you the option of no wallpaper. Also, I am not sure of the issue of having an all black picture, but if it is just an issue of ALL black, you could put a single pixel in one of the bottom corners that is a different color... Just a thought.

OP
M

MonkeyTime

Reaction score
I've resisted trying different roms on the X so far, but CM7 has been calling! The idea of putting a single pixel or even a row of them on one of the sides is a great idea, I'll try that tonight and post the results. Thanks!

turdbogls

Reaction score
i used a black image, and a transparent image with no issues. the only problem you would see in the gallery is it would look like a blank photo...thats it. it is still there, just touch where it should be and it will be fine.

dblash

Reaction score
I use furbish app to accomplish this.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums