i just switched to the xoom from ipad

fantom557

Reaction score
hi all i was a former droid user and now i am bacb wit the xoom coming from the ipad can u tell me the follwing

i used to read mags in pdf form using goodreader what app can u suggest to use.

is the an app to sync photos from iphoto and music from itunes to the xoom.

what area the must get apps for the xoom.

thank you.

apollyon0810

Reaction score
hi all i was a former droid user and now i am bacb wit the xoom coming from the ipad can u tell me the follwing

thank you.

I'll try to figure out exactly what it is you're trying to communicate. I haven't check on my own Xoom, but adobe doesn't have a PDF reader out for it yet?

I usually get all my apps either from this forum (or links from this forum or XDA) or from the Market. And I've seen apps on the Market that are made specifically to sync your music from iTunes to your Android device. I don't know about photos tho as I've never used any Apple software except iTunes. I'm into chicks man...

Elysian

Reaction score
I use QuickOffice for reading PDF's, works well. Doesn't DoubleTwist have some kind of functionality like you're looking for for iTunes syncing? Dunno, I don't waste my time with iTunes.

mickdabom

Reaction score
If you're into any gaming, check out tegra zone right away! I like adobe reader for pdfs personally, and quickoffice is good.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

ZBoater

Reaction score
I haven't found anything like Goodreader. I miss that. Doubletwist works good.

Donnie666

Reaction score
Best and must have app is thumb keyboard. I know it has nothing to do with a reader but it is definately a must have for the xoom.

Motorola Xoom
Droid Forums app

Donnie

xier

Reaction score
Docs To Go - latest version works fine.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, do you like it better then the iPad, is it the same, you don't know yet?

I'm pretty happy with the iPad. Xoom looks very nice but I've only had my iPad 5 months and I'd just feel that buying another tablet would be throwing money away. At least what I use it for it would be.

vzdroid13

Reaction score
Well, i went to Best Buy and used a Xoom then used an iPad. Unfortunately, I had about 5 force closes and a few speed hiccups on the Xoom, and its only been out for like 2 weeks. While i had no problems at all on the iPad, which has been out for 9+ months. I probably wont buy an android tablet untill HTC makes one, or at least untill Motorola's 2nd go round.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

grizzancs

Reaction score
How bad is the Xoom's aspect ratio when reading PDFs? In portrait mode, its width is less than the ipad's by 1 cm..

I haven't seen any of them, but cut out of paper their screen size, and checked against properly zoomed/aligned pdfs on my monitor... and it seemed to me that the ipad is just enough, and for the xoom I'd have too zoom out too much, that little difference would make reading hard.

I'd like to buy (if it comes here to Hungary) the Xoom as it's Android, but I could get the iPad(2) much cheaper, and first priority would be reading pdfs, where the 4:3 aspect ratio would be better as well.

thanks

ILUVDROID

Reaction score

thank you.

i will buy your ipad how much do you want for it.