10 Rock Solid Reasons Why The Xoom Is Better Then ipad 2

Discussion in 'Motorola Xoom' started by Preach2k, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Preach2k

Preach2k DF News Team Premium Member

Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
    An Article I found Interesting I thought That I would share.

Xoom-raider! 10 rock-solid reasons why Motorola
  2. OneTenderRebel

OneTenderRebel New Member

Here is one giant reason its not better. Moto has only sold 100k while the ipad has sold tens of millions. Spec wise sure the Xoom may have an edge but where it matters most, sales, its not even a competition as of yet.

sent from the great depths of my phones internet (thanks Al Gore)
  3. Preach2k

Preach2k DF News Team Premium Member

Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
    I would have to agree with you Apple has a Huge Following.. Some people will buy poop if it had an Apple symbol on it. If the price of the Xoom came down to match the ipad2 it would not make a difference because Xoom is fairly a new product and Apple ipad is in their 2nd or third year. I would go with the Xoom Spec wise. I am waiting for them to bring the price down on it. I will have one before the end of the year...
  4. OneTenderRebel

haha, yeah I would like to see them knock the price down a bit as well. That's actually why I am interested in the Asus tabs more than the Xoom.
  5. zr1fan09

zr1fan09 New Member

Just because the ipad sells more doesn't make it a better device hahaha the ipad has a 2 year jump in sales on the xoom so of course it's going to have higher sales

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  6. cpjr

cpjr New Member

Well, actually if you want to compare sales, the iPad 2 which was released AFTER the Xoom has sold far more than the Xoom.

But, "better" is a VERY loose term, the ipad has definitely had "better" sales....but as far as being a "better" device, it all personal opinion.
  7. OneTenderRebel

right but the iPad2 sold 600,000 at it's initial launch, the Xoom not so much.
  8. OneTenderRebel

Exactly, I was speaking strictly from a business standpoint. It is up the consumer to decide which one they think is better. These devices are all so well made that it really is a matter of personal preference.
  9. xan

xan New Member

Great iMarketing never actually makes an item any better than the next, it just brain washes more people into thinking its iBetter.

McDonalds doesn't sell the most hamburgers in the world because they taste any better than the others out there.
  10. cpjr

cpjr New Member

^We never said it did.....but again, the entire point of a company is to make money and Apple knows how to do that VERY well.
  11. xan

xan New Member

I wonder if that was WOZ and the gang's true focus, in that little garage in cupertino so many moons ago.
  12. cpjr

cpjr New Member

Huh?

Apple as a company also gives quite a bit, between charity donations and such.

Also, Steve Jobs doesnt even take a salary (ok, he gets $1/year, literally). Yes he does make bank on his stocks of the company, but he could easily take a huge salary as well.

Im no Apple fanboy (obviously, Im on here and own a TB) but let not kid ourselves....

EVERY company is out there to make money, as much as they can. Motorola or HTC are no different.
  13. bazar6

bazar6 Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Apple knows how to make money, and they know how to make products that are eye-catching.

They also have the sales because they have their own stores. Break your iWhatever and take it to the mall... Xoom: you gotta ship the damn thing out if it needs to get fixed (won't be happening to me, just rooted it last night; knocking on wood I will never have to do this). But like y'all said, the iPad has been in the game for much longer than ANY Andy tablet. The Xoom is what, a month and a half old. Of course because of this it's not going to have many apps built specifically for it.

But that whole article you quoted in the OP, I agree with every point; this thing is a beast, iPad has a long way to come to compare to some of those points as well, it's just hidden by other points, such as sales.
  14. cpjr

cpjr New Member

And whether people want to agree or not....Apple DOES make some of the most solid products, from a hardware standpoint. Their devices are VERY well built and beautiful.
  15. bazar6

bazar6 Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

I won't disagree... I have a 17" MacBook Pro that's comin up on 5 years old. Still running as strong as the day I first got it. Been thru 3 batteries, and I'm not gonna spend $80 on another one, but plugged in it does what I need it to
  16. cpjr

cpjr New Member

Same here, I have a 3 year old Alum Macbook Pro, still running original battery and runs like I just pulled it out of the box.
  17. xan

xan New Member

agreed.
    its just sad to see everyone discount the reasons why a xoom might be better than the iPhad, by only citing sales shares.

I cant wait to see if ASUS can transform this market into something thats actually competitive and inovative at the same time
  18. cpjr

cpjr New Member

^Well yeah agreed, you cant go by sales #'s alone.
  19. audioman42

audioman42 New Member

Fatal flaw: apple is the standard.
  20. azaraith

azaraith New Member

Now why does that matter to a consumer looking to purchase a tablet? The "me too" phenomenon? Must have what everyone else does? Must be better because it's most popular? (by that logic, Katy Perry is the best musician right now & Justin Bieber is awesome). An objective view of the tablets doesn't need to include how many have sold - that just tells us what the public has chosen as "best" for whatever reason. Marketing, price, early availability, fashion, general lack of technical knowledge, etc (I'm going with marketing and lack of knowledge).

Oh, and by that same logic, a Toyota Corolla is better than a Lamborghini Murcielago... Or, if you're looking for practicality, a BMW 5 Series, etc. Most sales != best product, necessarily.
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2011