I just attempted flash CM on my phone and it is stuck in looped state! PLEASE HELP!

Reaper351c

Reaction score
What kind of phone do you have

Sent From My Liquidsmooth Galaxy S3

Reaper351c

Reaction score
Did you do a wipe data factory reset wipe cache and wipe dalvik cache that usually let's it boot and is your boot loader unlocked

OP
S

scoobnoobin

Reaction score
i don't know what that means, but i did wipe my dalvik cache and my cache and this is the video that told me what to do, [video=youtube;3fY8yU1O_Xk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fY8yU1O_Xk[/video]

Reaper351c

Reaction score
Can you boot into recovery and what are you using for recovery clockworkmod or TWRP

OP
S

scoobnoobin

Reaction score
I was using Bootstrap. that's what i was told to use.

Reaper351c

Reaction score
I watched the video I think you missed a step he also said to wipe data also which will factory reset your phone I would recommend booting into recovery again and wiping data again

OP
S

scoobnoobin

Reaction score
I did every thing he said do. and When i originally got into a boot loop. I did try to bt into recovery and i couldn't.

Reaper351c

Reaction score
How long did you wait before sometimes it takes up to 10 mins for a phone to boot

OP
S

scoobnoobin

Reaction score
It was over 30 minutes before I attempted entering Recovery Mode.

Reaper351c

Reaction score
Damn that's not good I looked up how to unbrick your phone using the droid razr maxx tool

Reaper351c

Reaction score
[video=youtube;tsQF4cxtHbI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsQF4cxtHbI&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

This should help you

KaChow

Reaction score
I was using Bootstrap. that's what i was told to use.

Well, here is your problem. You can't Flash a Custom Recovery through Safestrap, last I looked the XT912 has and has always had a Locked Bootloader. Which in terms of Recovery the only other Recovery that can be used with the Stock Android Motorola Recovery is Safestrap and of course that assumes that you have Root, in order to install and use it. If you want to install ClockworkMod Recovery or TWRP or OUDHS or something else, may want to look into getting a device that has an Unlocked Bootloader. For future references you have to remove Safestrap to install a Custom Recovery, that is assuming your Bootloader is Unlocked.

Reaper351c

Reaction score
Thanks for your input I have been trying to help him and wasn't getting anywhere