I HATE the new gallery!

hondaguy520

Reaction score
what is the point of the albums being effected by how you are holding the phone? alls they do is get further away or close up. is there something im missing?

MrTommy

Reaction score
I hate the fact when deleting photos while scrolling through them individually resets the scroll position to first pic. Sucks when when you're going thru 50+ pics.

Yeah, I agree. So now I try to get rid of lousy pics right away so's they don't build up into a problem. Same with vids.

But..... nothing's perfect - ever. Except (as I tell my wife) me. :biggrin:

reedhq

Reaction score
Yes! I've taken about five great photos, and they are not in my gallery. Any ideas?

1linuxfreak

Reaction score
Yep, same here, take a photo and nothing shows up at first, then all of a sudden they will appear.
Went to a photo gallery, shot couple of photos of some art, didn't show up til the next day.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
I also hate the new gallery.. I'm with you, OP, I have noticed intense lower quality when I zoom in on my phone. I also hate how trashy the new gallery is, not clean and organized like the old one was. I do not like how the folders/pictures seem to move around when I use it, it makes me somewhat carsick just trying to view them. I've always had tremendous succuss with the camera -- I use it to take pictures of my jewelry for my online shop. But now, I'd rather dig out the huge camera to take them.

Also, since we are on the subject of the gallery, is there a way to disable facebook and picasa as one of the options in sharing pictures? I find both options to be completely pointless, useless, and an eyesore. I do not and never will use either, and would love to delete that garbage from my phone.

Don't try to view them in the car and you should be fine. :icon_ devil:

dro

Reaction score
The new gallery has been downgraded to 16 bit color from the old 24 bit gallery. You can easily switch back. Not sure if this has been posted, but did not see anything in the first two pages.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
So how do you switch back?

As far as ive seen you have to actually go back to 2.0.1 firmware before you can go back to the old gallery. That means you will lose ALL features of 2.1 just to get a better quality but uglier gallery.

I may be wrong but i have not seen another way.

MrTommy

Reaction score
Grrrrrr.

So basically we're stuck with the lower grade gallery pictures. Wonder why they did that. And, that still doesn't explain the delay in pictures showing up in the gallery. Gee, maybe they'll include a brandy new 24 bit gallery in the next upgrade... :icon_evil:

madmacabre

Reaction score
I got 99 problems but the pics aint one
if ya got pic problems I feel bad for you son

shoulda just been happy with droid 2.01

ITguy4

Reaction score
Mine is degraded on quality at first. However in seconds it clears. The one issue I have is any photos just taken do not appear right away.

I agree with you on the photos not appearing right away. That drove me nuts the first few times. I end up having to take a few extra photos that I don't want or need to get the ones that I do want to appear.

sydneyalfano

Reaction score
So how do you switch back?

As far as ive seen you have to actually go back to 2.0.1 firmware before you can go back to the old gallery. That means you will lose ALL features of 2.1 just to get a better quality but uglier gallery.

I may be wrong but i have not seen another way.

I believe the old gallery was much, much CLEANER and NEATER and not so gay as the new one is. I don't know, I don't see how a messy stack of images is cool.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yep, same here, take a photo and nothing shows up at first, then all of a sudden they will appear.
Went to a photo gallery, shot couple of photos of some art, didn't show up til the next day.

Download SDrescan from the market.

1)take a picture
2)kill Gallery process
3)run SDrescan
4)open Gallery. It should be there. If not, repeat from step 2.

This also works when music doesn't show up in the music player.