Deleted Gallery!

pigness

Reaction score
Hello, I accidentally used my quick Uninstall app to delelte my gallery..
How do i get gallery back on my phone?
Will I be able to get my pictures and videos back??

thanks!

JCo352

Reaction score
I don't know how you deleted it unless you're rooted. And I'm not sure how to get it back, but I do know all your pics and videos will still be on your sdcard.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure how you deleted it either. Are you sure that you deleted the app and did not just move to your trash. Look in you app drawer and see if it is there.

Mike

OP
P

pigness

Reaction score
I don't know how you deleted it unless you're rooted. And I'm not sure how to get it back, but I do know all your pics and videos will still be on your sdcard.

I go to open gallery on my phone and it says "this application is not installed on your phone"

OP
P

pigness

Reaction score
I'm not sure how you deleted it either. Are you sure that you deleted the app and did not just move to your trash. Look in you app drawer and see if it is there.

Mike

Oh thanks you :) Got it!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Glad it was in the app tray and not deleted.

Mike

JCo352

Reaction score

I go to open gallery on my phone and it says "this application is not installed on your phone"

Try the gallery in your app drawer, if it works, then delete the one on your homepage and replace it. And that should work.

edit: Lol nevermind.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
For any others that happen across this thread with a similar problem, my guess is that the OP had an icon on his/her homescreen for the gallery prior to the 2.1 update. With the update the gallery was completely changed and the old icon was pointing at an application that no longer existed.

The fix, as the OP discovered, was to go to his/her app drawer and find the "gallery" app. Although its icon is identical to the old "gallery," it is, in fact, a different application.

So the "fix" is simple if you're in this situation. Throw the gallery icon on your home screen in the trash and add it again from the app drawer.

frchandler

Reaction score
did the same thing /:

Hello, I accidentally used my quick Uninstall app to delelte my gallery..
How do i get gallery back on my phone?
Will I be able to get my pictures and videos back??

thanks!

I did the same thing when I was trying to delete an app that I downloaded. I was wondering if you ever got that back??

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I did the same thing when I was trying to delete an app that I downloaded. I was wondering if you ever got that back??
did you delete from the app drawer or the homescreen? Trashing it from the homescreen just takes it off the homescreen, it doesn't delete it from Android

frchandler

Reaction score
did you delete from the app drawer or the homescreen? Trashing it from the homescreen just takes it off the homescreen, it doesn't delete it from Android

Maybe the app drawer? Because whenever I go to click on it, it says that its no longer installed in my phone.