I got the Gingerbread OTA update...

LabRatJim

Reaction score
So far I have enjoyed the update. I had my Thunderbolt right out the gate. (never new it was the day it hit market, I just needed a new phone company as Boost sucked) Anyhow, the first update I was not impressed with, but GB is definitely user friendly and seems much more stable than previous builds for the phone. My remaining concern is battery life... I am about to upgrade to the extended battery... sadly this is something that should have been addressed in the development stages of the phone.

Hotshot26

Reaction score
I got it a couple days ago...my apps, whenever i open the app selection page thing, are like reorganizing themselves, idk why, but they move all over. Than sometimes when i close apps, instead of going home, there is the white page with htc on it, and home has to load, which is annoying. Anyone else seeing these problems?
Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

neckbreak

Reaction score
So we now have a downloads option but can we clear that without deleting what we actually downloaded? I downloaded a picture and when I cleared the downloaded option it deleted the pic.

Blacksheep427

Reaction score
I got it a couple days ago...my apps, whenever i open the app selection page thing, are like reorganizing themselves, idk why, but they move all over. Than sometimes when i close apps, instead of going home, there is the white page with htc on it, and home has to load, which is annoying. Anyone else seeing these problems?

I have seen the reloading of home screen as well a time or two. Android market and a few other apps have force closed as well. The good thing I can report is the OTA did not make my TB worse than it was before the OTA.

Last edited:

Nyobie

Reaction score
Yea I guess I can now access alarm through wiget but I don't want that huge HOA using app on my front page running just to acess alarm!!!

Gingerbread has a new feature for Widgets. When you go to add a Widget, there's a selection available at the top of the list to download more HTC widgets. If you do the download, one of the items is a Sand Timer. The widget is an hour glass with 00:00:00 located under it as the name of the app. If you start up the Sand Timer, at the bottom of the screen is an Alarm Clock selection plus a few other options including a countdown timer which, when activated, goes back to the Sand Timer icon and the 00:00:00 starts counting down from your starting point with the number you set, like 00:59:59 would be 59 minutes minus 1 second. You can set the Alarm sounds too from the Sand Timer app.

JessicaJAB

Reaction score
I grabbed the update, and now I'm noticing my assigned ringtones are acting wonky. I have certain ones assigned to certain ppl (kids, parents, etc.) and the default will play instead. Anyone else?

C5Vette

Reaction score
I grabbed the update, and now I'm noticing my assigned ringtones are acting wonky. I have certain ones assigned to certain ppl (kids, parents, etc.) and the default will play instead. Anyone else?

Yep....It happened when I first got the update a month ago.....I was hoping the new version would have fixed it----but NOPE! Mine is like one caller behind. When I receive a call, I get the ringtone the previous caller should have had...... Battery pulls and rebooting don't help.

C5Vette

Reaction score
Ok, can someone tell me where I go on my phone to see the widgets? Everything is different now.

just tap the personalize button at the bottom right..... the one that looks like a painter's board next to the phone and then tap widgets on that menu.....or you can just tap and hold a blank area on the home screen and the same menu will show up.....