I got the Gingerbread OTA update...

Universal

Reaction score
I've had it running for about an hour now. Seems pretty stable overall. I'm still playing around with it to get a feel for the new features, but my initial impressions are positive.

tonybrown801

Reaction score
I just got it but I'm not sure what all the new features even are. The notification drop down is different but so far that's all I've noticed.

tonybrown801

Reaction score
Found my first problem. When I put my phone into the car dock (igrip), it won't start the driving mode or turn my home screen to landscape mode. It used to work before the update.

Z06_Mir

Reaction score
I got this update this morning too. I am having no issues with it so far! The changes seem very subtle, I was really hoping for a larger change to the feel of it but hey.... I'll take what I can get. :icon_ banana:

Dolfan

Reaction score
Im getting the OTA as I type this...:icon_ banana:

How long does the download its self take?...Im on wifi right now and its way slow downloading

Last edited:
OP
U

Universal

Reaction score
Im getting the OTA as I type this...:icon_ banana:

How long does the download its self take?...Im on wifi right now and its way slow downloading

Well, it depends on how fast your internet connection is, but the whole process took about 15 minutes for me.

wowings

Reaction score
I got the update and was notified of seven voicemail messages that did not even show up as missing calls before. That is worth the update.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Dolfan

Reaction score
my download canceled, I am trying it again....but figure its gonna cancel again due to its downloading so slow

8150bill

Reaction score
Mine downloaded first thing this morning and is working great. Email has some nice added features and I noticed when setting a time the minutes stop at every 15. Much more user friendly. Seems faster overall.

jseah

Reaction score
There's a couple of things.....

1. If you downloaded the previous Gingerbread update, then this update is only 13 MB. If you didn't and are downloading the full Gingerbread update now, then the update is 176 MB.

2. What I have noticed is that even if you are on WiFi, when the OTA downloads the firmware update, it does it over the cellular network and not WiFi.

Reaction score
What are some of the new features on the email. I don't see anything new with it.

rbw62

Reaction score
Still no ota GB in Atlanta.