Droid Charge with Gingerbread Caught on Video

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;Crt5xhLWmnM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Crt5xhLWmnM&feature=player_detailpage]YouTube - ‪Droid Charge running Gingerbread‬‏[/video]

Although the Droid Charge didn't get a lot of positive press when it was first launched, primarily because of its expense to feature ratio being so poor, many people that own it are impressed with the device. It supposedly has an impressive screen quality, good speed & excellent battery life. For those folks that own one, the above video shows off Gingerbread on the device, which bodes well for it to come soon. Let's hear from owners of this device, and even people that have just taken the time to play with it. What are your impressions?

Source: MyDroidWorld

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Will Gingerbread make the stock Charge faster I wonder? Also will the kernel be changed from rfs to ext4 with the GB update?

cdguylhs

Reaction score
I tried the Thunderbolt about a month or month and a half ago. I brought it back to Verizon after three days because the battery life was really bad. Sure the phone was fast but if the battery can't last it is no good. Also the extended battery is very bulky and ugly. Last week I went in the store and was debating again between the Thunderbolt and the Charge. I played with both and when it came to downloading pages the Thunderbolt barely won. We don't have 4G yet so I was testing the 3G downloading. On one page the Thunderbolt downloaded the page barely faster but it didn't load a video that was included in the page but the Charge. I went to several web pages and didn't have a problem with lagging. I choice the Charge and couldn't be happier. The battery life is killer and the phone is great. Was in a city with 4G this weekend and it was very fast. I am happy I went with the Charge and will not look back.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
How is the GPS on Charge? Because it absolutely sucks on the Fascinate.

cdguylhs

Reaction score

I used it this weekend and it was great. I only lost signal twice. I don't remember my droid x losing it in those places but I got the GPS signal back. But I thought it worked great.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score

I used it this weekend and it was great. I only lost signal twice. I don't remember my droid x losing it in those places but I got the GPS signal back. But I thought it worked great.

Thanks. I worry about Samsung's GPS and radios after having the Fascinate. my Droid never had any reception or GPS issues. But the Charge sounds like it has a better GPS than the Fascinate.

cdguylhs

Reaction score

Thanks. I worry about Samsung's GPS and radios after having the Fascinate. my Droid never had any reception or GPS issues. But the Charge sounds like it has a better GPS than the Fascinate.

Sounds like it. No problem with it so far.

gmorgan056

Reaction score
My wife bought a Charge about a month ago and she can't put it down. The screen is really amazing and it's quick. I bought her extra chargers, even though the battery is better then most smartphones. We used the GPS on Saturday and had no issues at all. Adding GB would be awesome.