I got a software update!

aquaholic

Reaction score
So did i get this right, are phones will update automatically even if we manually updated to jelly bean a couple months back?

William_04_x

Reaction score
Anyone know if you can manually pull it through the about phone settings?

If your MEID isn't scheduled on their servers to get the update, you can't pull it that way.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

devdeuce

Reaction score
Do you have to be rooted to install the leak and will installing it that way take me of the OTA update path?

The update referred to in this thread is not a leak. It's official and coming ota or pulled off the mentioned website

There is no spoon

Whitemike358

Reaction score
The update referred to in this thread is not a leak. It's official and coming ota or pulled off the mentioned website

There is no spoon

Ok do i need to be rooted to install the zip from DL? And does anyone know if it takes you off the update path by installing the zip and not waiting on the OTA?

devdeuce

Reaction score
Ok do i need to be rooted to install the zip from DL? And does anyone know if it takes you off the update path by installing the zip and not waiting on the OTA?

I guess i should let someone else answer because i am just waiting and not messing with doing it myself, but i would think that you have to NOT be rooted in order to do an official update

There is no spoon

YellowJacket

Reaction score

No you do not need to be rooted. The download is specifically for testing purposes (soak test) so why not just wait another week for the official release and not have to worry about any problems.

David

Stigasteve

Reaction score
Right now is the official release bring pushed out in waves ...that's what i read anyways...so were all getting out, soak or not, within the next few days

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

greyghost04

Reaction score
I'm not having any luck installing the download under root. May have to reset to stock

rastaman_

Reaction score
Is there a step by step instructional on the download the Droid Life update?

boynblu

Reaction score
I have 6.16.215xt912 and don't seem to be able to do the DROID life update... according to DROID life I need to be 6.16.211 but this is the last update I received....any ideas?

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have 6.16.215xt912 and don't seem to be able to do the DROID life update... according to DROID life I need to be 6.16.211 but this is the last update I received....any ideas?

I believe the 215 was not an update, it was a leak that you or someone put on your phone. There's a thread somewhere on this forum on how to go back to 211. It seems it may be called MattyP's 215 leak classroom