I found better pictures - PRO Zoom Camera 5X

darreno1

Reaction score
Just bought it, what a great app! I can already see the improvement in the couple low-light pics I took. I'll be testing this out a lot in the coming days.

cyber3d

Reaction score
I just got the Pro Zoom Camera 5X paid version and I am liking it. But, what are the max file size of your pics? I changed the settings to max for everything and the largest image I get is about 300k. Am I missing some setting? What is the max file size you are getting? Should be larger right?

markmicallef

Reaction score
I just got the Pro Zoom Camera 5X paid version and I am liking it. But, what are the max file size of your pics? I changed the settings to max for everything and the largest image I get is about 300k. Am I missing some setting? What is the max file size you are getting? Should be larger right?

300k is the file size, that's not how mp are measured. It's measured by
pixel height x width. Mine are coming out 2592x1036 (5,018,122) which is 5 MP.

I have mine set to maximum quality

• Jpeg quality to Max
  • Camera Resolution to Maximum Possible
Although, Compared to the default camera Pro5x is getting on average 1/3 the file size of the default camera i.e. Pro5x 358k, Default Camera 979k. I assume this is compression when saving the file. This tends to loose details. I will have to try this out in the daylight

mitchb2

Reaction score
Hmmm, this is really interesting. I guess if we weren't so close to the 2.1 release I'd jump on it right now. But I'd hate to buy an app only to find out the same thing is offered for free in 2.1.

Do we know if the camera is being addressed by the update?

struong57

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if this app improves the shutter speed for taking action pictures?

Sweet Daddy

Reaction score
Hmmm, this is really interesting. I guess if we weren't so close to the 2.1 release I'd jump on it right now. But I'd hate to buy an app only to find out the same thing is offered for free in 2.1.

Do we know if the camera is being addressed by the update?

People, it's 2 bucks! Give it a try.

theguy386

Reaction score
purchased the app and took a few test pictures... mostly indoor/low-light shots (since that is where the droid camera falls short)

Not much of a difference AT ALL in low-light pictures. There might slight improvement, but only if you sit and compare the pictures for about 5 minutes. Maybe this app does take better pictures outside and has more settings to mess with.... buuuuttt, its just not what exactly what I'm looking for :(

Boris Badenov

Reaction score
I hope the next Droid has a 10 mp camera and does 1080 high def. No wait...I want this in my next Droid:

RED / Cameras

Well I'm waiting for a viewfinder and the ability to attach lenses. My nikon would be as good as sold as soon my Droid can take a 18-200mm zoom lens. :icon_ banana:

LMAO
:beer2::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

markmicallef

Reaction score
uninstall- I didnt find any improvement. I compared at 100% in photoshop so i could see them side by side.

The zoom is just digital, any photo editor can zoom and prolly do a better job.

Aluminum21

Reaction score
we really shouldn't be paying for a functional camera, that's what the $200 I gave was for

hopefully 2.1 fixes that p.o.s. camera