I found better pictures - PRO Zoom Camera 5X

Slammer

Reaction score
So there have been a number of threads on this board comparing camera apps for the Droid. I am a fan of PRO Zoom Camera and have been using it for a long time - there are others as well.

Yesterday they did an app update that made it sooooooooo much better for my Droid. I really think you should give it a try.

I have been using their new pic wiz filter "Remove Graininess". It does AMAZING things for low light grainy pictures! :icon_ banana:

iPirate

Reaction score
Can you post two pictures so we can see a difference?

OP
S

Slammer

Reaction score
iPirate,

Sure give me a couple of hours and I get up some examples.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This app comes highly recommended, but I believe that we had a 5 page discussion on this on a thread started by sillyrabbit. Pictures were included IIRC.

I'm not a mod so I'm not telling anyone what to do, but it's always a good idea to do a search before posting a new thread. And I'm guilty of doing it myself, specially when I find something exciting and new I want to share.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I like new threads on old topics. You generally get different people posting on the subject. If a thread has been inactive for a while, folks tend not to post new messages. But a new, shorter thread will be more active. I like new views/opinions. :icon_ banana:

However, if I ever actually get a life and have something to do other than read these messages, I too may start telling people to search before posting. But, until I do get said life, please be indulgent. :)

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
The problem with telling people to search before posting is that it causes ancient threads to get ressurected, which is a forum no-no. If you skim the first few pages of the pertinent forum and don't find a relevant thread, there's no harm in creating another one, IMHO.

spazma7ik

Reaction score
I would REALLY like to see some comparison shots of using the app and not using it.

Aluminum21

Reaction score
the camera on the droid sucks, for a 5mp camera the quality is the worst I've seen

they really need to patch this up

OP
S

Slammer

Reaction score
iPirate,

So I took a couple of shots with PRO Zoom Camera and compared it against the stock Droid Camera app.

I took the shots outside just as it was getting kinda dark. Did that for the low light performance. I set both apps to the same pic quality and image size.

Judge for yourself. PRO Zoom Camera seems to be WAAAYYYY better

:icon_ banana:

Attachments

• Stock Cam 2.jpg
    Stock Cam 2.jpg
    574.6 KB · Views: 980
  • PRO Zoom Camera 2.jpg
    PRO Zoom Camera 2.jpg
    269.8 KB · Views: 947
Reaction score
whats the biggest file size you get when you take pics with the camera? I feel like mine are small like 500K even set to the biggest resoultion just curious.

spazma7ik

Reaction score
On a side note, that house is freakin' huge!

No kidding, that's the first thing I thought of as well. And yeah, I can definitely see an improvement when using the app (assuming the app photo was the one on the right).

iPirate

Reaction score
It is a fairly significant difference. It looks like it picks the white balance better and has some noise filtering.

Does it take longer between pictures?