I found a good video converter for the Droid...

Stigy

Reaction score
Handbrake is free and using the iPod/iPhone preset and just changing the resolution works AMAZING for my DROID:

Click to download: HandBrake

metalmenance

Reaction score
Tools4Movies, Official home of DVD Catalyst

DVD Catalyst....best one I have found so far..and I have tried a lot of them.

Settings I use...

Apple
Iphone HQ
848 x 480(closest preset to the Droid)
Left everything else default

I haven't messed with the other presets or settings...I'm sure it can be tweaked further.

I second this, dvdcatalyst is smooth and simple to use and produces a great movie on my droid without any hassle, movies are sharp and clear for me using the setting for storm hq and tweaking to 720x480
nice find, thanks much
tried hadbrake too and it was so slow and locked up time or 2 so byebye to it:greendroid:

brubakes

Reaction score
I have been using doubeTwist's iTunes syncing app. You can just drag any video format into it and it will auto convert for you.

OP
T

tc1

Reaction score
I have been using doubeTwist's iTunes syncing app. You can just drag any video format into it and it will auto convert for you.

Yeah but you have to leave your phone connected to it while it is converting...major pain.

OP
T

tc1

Reaction score
Update....I just realized that Dvd Catalyst has a preset for the droid.....and will convert .flv files = awesome

This software is FAST too....bye bye to the 4 or 5 different video converter programs on my computer.

Last edited:
D

DroidMastar

I just realized i already have a converter on my alienware laptop... Just gotta get a new power adapter for it... I still purchased dvdcatalyst tho... figured why not.. and the first vid i did on it looks and sounds awesome.

OP
T

tc1

Reaction score
I just realized i already have a converter on my alienware laptop... Just gotta get a new power adapter for it... I still purchased dvdcatalyst tho... figured why not.. and the first vid i did on it looks and sounds awesome.

For 10 bucks it is totally worth it.

It upscales too...I converted a fairly crappy resolution .flv video to a a xbox 360 playable format and was amazed at how much better the video looked blown up on my 50 in plasma.

JTAC

Reaction score
I have switched from HandBrake to DVD Catalyst. The main reason why is because when I would skip around the movie with Handbrake, the audio would become unsynced momentarily. Now that I have Catalyst i don't notice that. But I have run into one roadblock with Catalyst. How do I get the movie to appear in full screen mode. I have the Verizon Droid preset at 848x480 and have tried to remove bars from file, device, even crop them out.....each and every single time I get the horizontal black bars or part of the movie missing.

D

DroidMastar

Maybe you are converting widescreen movies and not fullscreen. I'm not positive about this but it seems feesable.

OP
T

tc1

Reaction score
I have switched from HandBrake to DVD Catalyst. The main reason why is because when I would skip around the movie with Handbrake, the audio would become unsynced momentarily. Now that I have Catalyst i don't notice that. But I have run into one roadblock with Catalyst. How do I get the movie to appear in full screen mode. I have the Verizon Droid preset at 848x480 and have tried to remove bars from file, device, even crop them out.....each and every single time I get the horizontal black bars or part of the movie missing.

Not sure but email the developer...they are very quick to respond and very helpful.

JTAC

Reaction score
Maybe you are converting widescreen movies and not fullscreen. I'm not positive about this but it seems feesable.

OK, but at the same time, I am trying to figure out why I can convert WS and FS in HandBrake without losing any of the picture.

The support email for Catalyst 3 does not work...no other options.

OP
T

tc1

Reaction score

OK, but at the same time, I am trying to figure out why I can convert WS and FS in HandBrake without losing any of the picture.

The support email for Catalyst 3 does not work...no other options.

Hmmmm....the email link works fine for me.