DVD Catalyst 3 problems

Discussion in 'Android Audio and Video' started by kestrel55, Dec 3, 2009.

1. kestrel55

kestrel55 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Anyone experiencing stuttering in the picture when viewing on the Droid? The audio is seamless but the picture will often freeze momentarily. I tried these settings for HQ quality as suggested on the website and on an earlier thread:

Settings I am using for DVD Catalyst 3:
    Verizon Droid HQ preset
    Screen: 848x480
    Video: 1600 kbps
    1 pass encode
    Audio: 160 stereo
    Format: iPod H264 HQ

I even tried the same settings with the default smaller screen size (I forgot the size) as represented on the Droid template on the program.

I even killed all running apps thinking that things would process more quickly but no luck. Thanks.

2. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +17
    What DVD did you rip? If it's a newer one, You might need to run AnyDVD also to bypass the protection....

3. CDB

CDB Member

Ratings:
    +0
    1600kbps using h264 is a bit much for the Droid to handle. Try dropping it back to 1100-1200kbps.

4. aisvo

aisvo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've used 800Kbps~1000Kbps bitrate, and they should look HQ on the droid. Using 1600Kbps for bitrate will let those extra details redundant. U won't see much details on a small screen.

5. kestrel55

kestrel55 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just bought the entire series of 'The Wire'...but other DVDs have stuttered as well. I will try and reduce the bitrate tonight and see what happens!

6. dvdcatalyst

dvdcatalyst Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Your video quality is too high. Have you tried the default settings in DVD Catalyst? they provide a good quality video as well (and at a reasonable filesize)
    You can also email me directly, I do visit these forums, but not continiously. My response time by email is usually near instant.

7. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +17
    Yes it is...:yr1: and always willing to help!

8. kestrel55

kestrel55 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Enoded at 1000 kbs last night....still some stuttering but not as bad as before. I'm confused because on the developers website they say that 1600 kbs can be used. I'm a stickler for quality and always try to squeeze the most out of everything. I'll notch it down to 800 tonight. the good thing is that I didn't notice any decrease in image quality between 1600 kbs and 1000 kbs.

9. dvdcatalyst

dvdcatalyst Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    The specifications companies post for their phones usually indicate a total bitrate. So if you are using 160kbps for audio, it would leave you with 1440 kbps for the video.

If you still have sturrer-issues at the 1000kbps quality setting, try to make sure there are no other programs active on the phone. A soft-reset should help as well.

10. cfi on the fly

Ratings:
    +0
    Ive had some problems with some blu ray mkv's not converting...transformers, GI Joe, ... I think its a sound issue. Anybody else have any issues with these? Ive been using makemkv and dvd cataylst 3

11. kestrel55

kestrel55 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The 2.0.1 update has solved all of the stuttering and freezing issues!!

12. JTAC

JTAC Member

Ratings:
    +2
    The update did fix that on my friend's Droid, but those are the settings I used before I manually updated my phone. The only program I have experienced stuttering with is HandBrake.

Search tags for this page

dvd catalyst video quality issues