I am not satisfied

bje1982

Reaction score
2.1 update blows. Home keys are not lit even though they should be, and yet they will illuminate my bedroom when they shouldn't.

I regret this device and want yul punch someone responsible on the face. And the typing errors ate swype, because that's just one more suck

[EDIT BY RINTINTIGGER: Title was very offensive, changed that!]

I work for Verizon and theres nothing more I hate than when a customer doesnt know how to use there smartphone and they start blaming the phone for there own ignorance.. Why dont you just get an EnV3 or something????

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I work for Verizon and theres nothing more I hate than when a customer doesnt know how to use there smartphone and they start blaming the phone for there own ignorance.. Why dont you just get an EnV3 or something????

Everyone has their burdens. Sounds like you work in "retail." Ignorant customers are yours. I've always found that the best way to deal such problems is to imagine I get a paycheck only for putting up with the annoyances I suffer in my job. Otherwise, it's a hobby. :)

droidd

Reaction score
2.1 update blows. Home keys are not lit even though they should be, and yet they will illuminate my bedroom when they shouldn't.

I regret this device and want yul punch someone responsible on the face. And the typing errors ate swype, because that's just one more suck

Ohhhh what a zinger! Not the EnV3!!

FLE

Reaction score

I understan this is my first smart phone but these issued you are having with your phone, I do not have them. It is possible that your phone is not working correctly. I know this for fact my first droid had to be replaced when I droped it onto concrete floor. All the phone would do was just show a bios screnn and ask for the program of the phone. I tried in vain with the verizon tech on the other phone I have to fix the prob but it could not be resolved, so I went the next day to verizon and they gave me a new phone. Is it possible that you have droped your phone?

bje1982

Reaction score

Everyone has their burdens. Sounds like you work in "retail." Ignorant customers are yours. I've always found that the best way to deal such problems is to imagine I get a paycheck only for putting up with the annoyances I suffer in my job. Otherwise, it's a hobby. :)

No your absolutely right I appologize.. I work for a premium retailer and we are locally owned and actually try to make customers happy and I know when I sell someone a phone I make sure they no how to use the phone properly and most of time unfortunetly the corporate stores dont take the time to do so.. So I guess the blame lies in the sales rep who sold him the phone but either way anger management classes are cheap and work wonders lol I am the manager at my store and make sure people are well taken care of.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie

And it is customer service reps like you that give Verizon the bad CS rap it has. For your information, this is not my first smartphone and I have had nothing but problems with the phone since the 2.1 update. I had my Droid running sweet before the update and once the 2.1 came through my Droid's performance has gone down the toilet. I have multiple force closes on stock apps. I have had to delete most of my 3rd party apps due to conflicts. 80% of the time my phone will not unlock so that I can answer a call. Call quality sucks. Phone now reboots whenever it feels like it. Oh yeah and its happening on my husband's Droid as well. I could go on and on about the problems since the 2.1 OTA update. Verizon screwed up the 2.1 update and thus screwed our Droids.

To the ones that are having troubles............ do like me, time to root!!!

OH yeah and I have had my Droid since release date in November.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
And it is customer service reps like you that give Verizon the bad CS rap it has. For your information, this is not my first smartphone and I have had nothing but problems with the phone since the 2.1 update. I had my Droid running sweet before the update and once the 2.1 came through my Droid's performance has gone down the toilet. I have multiple force closes on stock apps. I have had to delete most of my 3rd party apps due to conflicts. 80% of the time my phone will not unlock so that I can answer a call. Call quality sucks. Phone now reboots whenever it feels like it. Oh yeah and its happening on my husband's Droid as well. I could go on and on about the problems since the 2.1 OTA update. Verizon screwed up the 2.1 update and thus screwed our Droids.

Uh, has it occurred to you that since almost no one else is reporting such widespread and serious problems that you attribute to the 2.1 update the issues may have something to do with your particular phone (and your husband's)?

Rather than deleting "most of (your) 3rd party apps," wouldn't it make more sense to do a factory reset and start from scratch? Frankly, if that hasn't occurred to you, it doesn't sound like "rooting" is going to resolve your issues.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie

Uh, has it occurred to you that since almost no one else is reporting such widespread and serious problems that you attribute to the 2.1 update the issues may have something to do with your particular phone (and your husband's)?

Rather than deleting "most of (your) 3rd party apps," wouldn't it make more sense to do a factory reset and start from scratch? Frankly, if that hasn't occurred to you, it doesn't sound like "rooting" is going to resolve your issues.

I have done factory resets on both mine and my husbands. My husband still has a totally stock Droid. He has not downloaded anything. Mine had a lot of 3rd party apps, widgets and themes on it. I got the update in the first 9,000 that came out and initially thought my problems were the apps not playing well with the new OS. So I started getting rid of them. Then a week later when my husband got his update and he started having the same issues I realized it is the update that is creating the problems not the apps. Both of our Droids were purchased new from Verizon (mine about 2 days after release and his was in January) so I am not about to let Verizon give me a refurbished phone for a software problem. Thus I am rooting my phone tonight and will probably do my husbands this weekend.

If you look back through the "If your having issues with the 2.1" thread, you will see some of my early posts. I never had issues with the Droid. Almost immediately after installing the 2.1 OTA update, I started having big problems.

I still totally love my Droid but based on my computer knowledge and what happened to mine and my husbands phone, the problem is the 2.1 OS not the hardware.

Last edited:
R

Romple

And it is customer service reps like you that give Verizon the bad CS rap it has.

pretty sure it's people like you that give humanity the bad rap it has... <-- ok that was to the OP not to you since I thought the OP said the csr thing. ;-p

sorry, bitter exp rep here.

bje1982

Reaction score

You seem to be one of the only ones with these problems so its obviously just your phone.. And I am on the customers side not Verizon Im a customer as well.. I deal with CS everyday and think the same way about them as everyone else.. I am not CS and wouldnt want to work for corporate.. I go the extra mile to help people because being a local Verizon my customers are like my niehgbors.. But either way you have a year warranty on your phone unless youve reverted back to 2.0.1 and rooted it. By the way check out this site Anger Management Directory of Arizona hope it helps!!!!!!