Honest review from a critical nerd.

xxpigxx

Reaction score
I honestly do not use the hard menu or search buttons all that much, so this news does not bother me that much.

Last edited:

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I honestly do not use the hard menu or search buttons all that much, so this news does not bother me that much.

lol, thought I was alone in thinking this. I have honestly never used the search button on my OG. It's nice to see they can easily modify the software buttons though, definitely a good sign for future modifications.

Reaction score
Nice! Gotta love Androids openess. What ever quirks its missing someone will find a way to fix it. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

ryno2d

Reaction score
So help me out here with no USB mass storage...I've been plugging my phone into car stereo forever for music listening. Is this feature make it to where I can't do this with the Nexus? Or was this just an issue with the reviewers stereo/phone?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
So help me out here with no USB mass storage...I've been plugging my phone into car stereo forever for music listening. Is this feature make it to where I can't do this with the Nexus? Or was this just an issue with the reviewers stereo/phone?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Galaxy Nexus to Receive Mass Storage Support | | The Red 99The Red 99

I don't know if that would mean you can connect it via USB to your car stereo or not but there will be USB mass storage in the future for the G-Nex.

nbucko

Reaction score
While I myself am very critical as well I am confident that the openness of this phone will lead to these issues being corrected in a timely manner either by Google or the Modding community

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

TheBoz

Reaction score
When I first read about this phone, I said this could be the phone for me.... lately the more I read about the phone from users who actually have it already and use the phone on a daily basis, the less I like it and opts to by the Razr. I cannot express how disappointed I am with the lack of quality I see put into this phone.

Right now Verizon is offering anyone who bought a phone after Nov 15th a chance to exchange it for another device until January. When this phone finally gets release, I will go to my local store and test it out. Then if it is as good as everyone is saying I will exchange for it but so far I think buying the Razr was a better choice. Having used the Razr for the past week, I must say this device is awesome.

Last edited:

pilot25

Reaction score
What the hell is with the search bar fixture. I'm not a rooter so this could be a major deal breaker. I'm not digging this one bit. Takes a 4.65 inch screen and reduces it to 4 inches.

No problems yet Boz? I hate Motorola with every fiber of my being. I don't think I can bring myself to give that company anymore of my money. Even though it's owned by Google now. If the Nexus is a crap job I don't know what the hell to do. It may be an iphone jump until the quads come out.

Last edited:

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
You won't need to root to remove the search bar, they'll develop a launcher that will just allow you to remove it and keep everything else the same.

pilot25

Reaction score
You won't need to root to remove the search bar, they'll develop a launcher that will just allow you to remove it and keep everything else the same.

I found on the og droid, even when it first came out, the launchers slowed it down a ton and were very buggy. I'm guessing in the last couple years it's improved?

The bloat is enough with the verizon crap, facebook crap, twitter crap, etc.... Now Google is piling it on to the next level with a fixed search bar. Not happy at all. I'm pissed I keep checking to see when this thing comes out and now I'm probably not going to get it.

F....

Last edited: