HUGE Droid Screen Problem

jonkirschner

Reaction score
So this has happened once before, but I just waited it out and the problem went away within the matter of two days. But it's back and it's worse than ever before...

My Motorola Droid screen is reacting without me even touching it. It has become unresponsive to my touch. I try to unlock the screen, and after five or six times it finally takes. Then I try to move around and it just drags my notification bar up and down... over and over and over and over again. It's rooted and I've tried changing Roms numerous times, but I've had the same problem with every Rom. Any help?

portermac

Reaction score
My friend had the same problem.Curious, do you keep your phone in your pocket? He did and we think it got moisture in it. After about twenty mins. It cleared up.

OP
J

jonkirschner

Reaction score
Yup, I do keep it in my pocket. If it's the moisture, will the bag-of-rice trick work?

Tim K

Reaction score
same thing happened to me once when I picked up my phone after getting out of the pool. I guess some moisture got in around the edges of the screen and was giving the sensors fits. I left it out in the sun for 20 minutes and it was fine after that.