Multiple freezes & reboots daily

Discussion in 'Android Support' started by DroidFan, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Frymaxx

Frymaxx New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Frozen Moto

I have a new Droid bought 2 days ago that freezes on the Moto logo and will not let me do ANYTHING, till I pull the battery out. I am also looking for answers. Thanks for the data reset though, I will try that. Let me know if you come up with any answers
    Frymaxx

2. FlyByNight

FlyByNight Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I got sick and tired of the random reboots and asked for a refurbished unit. I have been using it for five days and it has been rock solid.

3. DroidFan

DroidFan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm calling VZW tonight... today my phone was virtually rendered useless... after each reboot, I'd go to swipe the email notification (stock) and it would automatically begin jumping around from screen to screen like it was possessed.... ugh!

4. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +448
    Current Phone Model:
    32GB Moto X Developers Edition
    Twitter:
    furryvarmint
    Sounds like a good idea. I wouldn't put up with it that long, so I don't know how you did! :)

5. DroidFan

DroidFan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know how I put up with it as long as I did either!

BUt I did call them and I ended up doing a hard reset after trying some other things with tech support... seems the hard reset did the trick... so far... we'll see...

6. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +448
    Current Phone Model:
    32GB Moto X Developers Edition
    Twitter:
    furryvarmint
  7. er0wid

er0wid New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've got this same problem, only it happens when I use the music player, and only recently since the music player decided to run the visualizer. Does anyone know how to turn the visualizer off? Long touch doesn't work, just brings up more visualizers.

I'm on a rooted DroidX, also use a Task Killer, though.

PS-What the hell are you doing with your phones that the extended battery is only lasting half a day? I get almost 3 days on mine.

8. soos53

soos53 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not a thing

I actually had it sitting on my desk, not even using it. I teach and don't use my phone during the day. Doesn't matter now, the IPhone I got in it's place has superior service, meaning no dead spots and it lasts more than one day! It doesn't come with some stuff but you can get them, most free. The other was just too much trouble.

=er0wid;1000998]I've got this same problem, only it happens when I use the music player, and only recently since the music player decided to run the visualizer. Does anyone know how to turn the visualizer off? Long touch doesn't work, just brings up more visualizers.

I'm on a rooted DroidX, also use a Task Killer, though.

PS-What the hell are you doing with your phones that the extended battery is only lasting half a day? I get almost 3 days on mine.[/QUOTE]

Search tags for this page

motorola freezes and reboots