HTC Trace Keyboard not working

Droidwolf75

Reaction score
As a longtime Swype beta user I wanted to check out HTC'S trace keyboard and see how it compared on my new Rezound. Checked the box in keyboard settings for trace but it seems to do nothing but single key strokes. Tried a reboot, no luck. Anyone else having this issue?

lazarus2297

Reaction score
I checked the option and initially it didn't work but as I type this its working I have no clue what I did

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

oakdale_mike

Reaction score
I checked the option and initially it didn't work but as I type this its working I have no clue what I did

Same here. It didn't work initially, but after reading this, I tried it again and found it is working. I used Swype from the first beta on my OG Droid. It seemed to me that it got worse over time, as they "improved" the software. My iniitial reaction to the HTC trace is that it is very like the early Swype. I haven't had time to use it extensively, but it works essentially the same as Swype.

OP
D

Droidwolf75

Reaction score
So more to think about Trace. It seems to work fine in large text boxes, like the body of an email. However, it will not work in the subject line of the same email or in an internet search box.

Any one else have the same issue?

b684co

Reaction score
HTC Trace Keyboard complete failure on Rezound

So more to think about Trace. It seems to work fine in large text boxes, like the body of an email. However, it will not work in the subject line of the same email or in an internet search box.

Any one else have the same issue?

-----------------------------------------------------------
reply 2/28/12
Not working at all no matter how many times I try. Unlike the experience reported above, it has NEVER worked, not once, in NO text fields ANYWHERE on my Rezound, running 2.3.4.
Funny how these things are so very flaky.
bravo Strike