Problem with keyboards

hoboX10

Reaction score
I've noticed a problem on my phone, and I'm not sure what triggered it.

I had swiftkey on my phone and was using it, but I wanted to try the Ice Cream Sandwich keyboard. I installed that and liked it a lot, but it had some problems. So I wanted to go back to the swiftkey one bit my phone does most see any keyboards as enabled.

If you try to go into swiftkey's settings, it will tell you to enable it (that means check the box under keyboards) but if I check it and go into the settings the same error message comes up.

If I ignore the error and just check the box and try to switch the keyboard, it isn't in the list. (when you long tap in a text field and choose "text input" you can choose the keyboard. If there is only 1 keyboard on it nothing happens when you long tap)

If I reinstall swiftkey it doesn't fix it. Also I uninstalled that ics board I had and tried a different ics keyboard. Even go keyboard does it, so its a problem with my phone.

I can activate all 4 of those keyboards at once and none of them register as being "on"

OP
hoboX10

hoboX10

Reaction score
Did you try going to the "Phone's" settings, under language and keyboard, and select SwiftKey?
Yes, that is where you check the box for Swiftkey to "enable" the keyboard. And if you go into the Swiftkey settings from there it tells you to check the box. But for me it tells me to check it whether it is already checked or not.

It isn't just Swiftkey, it is every keyboard I download now.

wlmeng11

Reaction score
Same here

Yeah, I have the same problem.

Seems that the checkboxes are to "enable" a keyboard, and you can have multiple keyboards enabled at the same time.
However, you can only "activate" one keyboard at a time, but I can't seem to find the menu for that in the settings.

Luckily, there is a shortcut to the activation menu in GO Keyboard, so I just use that whenever I switch keyboards.