HTC_IME key swap? Keyboard

Discussion in 'HTC Rezound Development' started by loki993, Aug 31, 2012.

1. loki993

loki993 New Member

I want to try to stock keyboard for a while. The trace feature seems nice and Im tired of dealing with the swype beta keyboard. Here is my problem, I dont like where the num key is.

Is there any way to swap the num/shift key with the text to speech key? Id imagine most people would agree that its in a pretty terrible place for one handed texting.

I've asked this in different places and all I seem to get are blank stares, so I don't know if its something thats particularly hard to do or even if it can be done. I've tried to decomplie the APK even to see if I could do it myself and I cant seem to find anything that's related to how the keys are laid out. Though I really don't know a lot about that so it looks a lot like Greek to me anyway.

Can anyone help me out or at least tell me if it can be done?
  2. acejavelin

acejavelin Member

You want to switch what? On my keyboard it seems to work well for one handed texting, really well actually...

Well I think either way you would have to switch to a different keyboard in order to move the buttons (betting these are hard-coded in the app itself), something that is skinable/configurable, perhaps Perfect Keyboard or TouchPal?

Attached Files:

3. loki993

loki993 New Member

I want to switch the number key with the mic/text to speech key. Seems like its something that cant be done though.
Search tags for this page
htc one s texting

htccimep

ime keyboard apk for samsung
touchpal keyboard move question mark keys