HTC Thunderbolt Release Date

Status
Not open for further replies.

wangbu

Reaction score
i hope the release will be february 2011. Hope i will buy this phone.

Bigdaddy1207

Reaction score
So I wonder when pre-order will be, I don't really care when it comes out I just want to make sure I get one when it first comes out.

UNC

Reaction score
Thats why I still belive Feb 24th is the date.

Me too, been saying it for awhile, how long do you have to return a phone? What day does the iPhone release...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

14 days to return a phone, iPhone comes out Feb 10th.

It was a rhetorical question. Lol. Put those two things together, and what do you get? The 24th.

leonozug

Reaction score
DROID BIONIC Also Makes Amazon Debut at $149? - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

What the heck? I hope they drop the price on the TB to $150, or at least down to $200 would be nice. I hope this is not just some placeholder number or something.

There is NO way the Bionic is coming out at that price...the original Droid 1 was $199 for a two year contract, so how could that be only $149 with the newest hardware? Impossible. You see stuff like that all the time on those sites, it makes people keep checking back and using their site cause of it. But in the end the Bionic will probably be the same price as the Thunderbolt.

peterjariel

Reaction score
Me too, been saying it for awhile, how long do you have to return a phone? What day does the iPhone release...

It was a rhetorical question. Lol. Put those two things together, and what do you get? The 24th.

The Iphone isnt goin to sell for one day only so at the same time that doest make sence all u would have to do is get the Iphone the 2nd they it comes out and then if u dont like it return it and get the TB
everyone thats getting the Iphone on release date know they want it and cant wait for it i doubt that they r goin to be buying it thinking a bout the TB and if they r they could be a lil smarter and get it the day after. idk thats my opinion.

Last edited:

UNC

Reaction score

The Iphone isnt goin to sell for one day only so at the same time that doest make sence all u would have to do is get the Iphone the 2nd they it comes out and then if u dont like it return it and get the TB
everyone thats getting the Iphone on release date know they want it and cant wait for it i doubt that they r goin to be buying it thinking a bout the TB and if they r they could be a lil smarter and get it the day after. idk thats my opinion.

There aren't going to be any iphones left on the 2nd day. That's the thing that your theory is omitting.

Reaction score

I think there are basically 3 kinds of people when it comes to smartphones. Those who are Apple fanboys, and will only get the iPhone. Those who are Android fanboys, and will only get Android phones. And those who don't care/don't know the difference (most of the population outside of these forums). Most of those people will end up getting the iPhone because of its ease of use, style, and popularity (and it's releasing first). They do not care about/know about rooting, customs roms, etc., or the open-nature of the Android platform. iPhone fans and the general public who don't know any better will get the iPhone the day/week it comes out. I don't think there are going to be a ton of returns of the iPhone for the ThunderBolt when it comes out shortly thereafter. People either want one or the other, or they either want 4G/LTE or don't (because it might cost extra, or they don't have it in their area yet). I doubt there are a ton of people on the fence between these 2 phones. The harder choice is between getting the TB soon, or waiting for the dual-core Bionic.

Basically, what I'm saying is that I don't see people buying the iPhone on 2/10, hanging on to it for 2 weeks, then coming in to return it to get the ThunderBolt 14 days later on 2/24. They are very different phones (as far as features, technology, and design) appealing to different market demographics. Plus, you have to pay the restocking fee.

peterjariel

Reaction score

I think there are basically 3 kinds of people when it comes to smartphones. Those who are Apple fanboys, and will only get the iPhone. Those who are Android fanboys, and will only get Android phones. And those who don't care/don't know the difference (most of the population outside of these forums). Most of those people will end up getting the iPhone because of its ease of use, style, and popularity (and it's releasing first). They do not care about/know about rooting, customs roms, etc., or the open-nature of the Android platform. iPhone fans and the general public who don't know any better will get the iPhone the day/week it comes out. I don't think there are going to be a ton of returns of the iPhone for the ThunderBolt when it comes out shortly thereafter. People either want one or the other, or they either want 4G/LTE or don't (because it might cost extra, or they don't have it in their area yet). I doubt there are a ton of people on the fence between these 2 phones. The harder choice is between getting the TB soon, or waiting for the dual-core Bionic.

Basically, what I'm saying is that I don't see people buying the iPhone on 2/10, hanging on to it for 2 weeks, then coming in to return it to get the ThunderBolt 14 days later on 2/24. They are very different phones (as far as features, technology, and design) appealing to different market demographics. Plus, you have to pay the restocking fee.

ya so thats y I think the TB can come out with the Iphone

derekmiller12

Reaction score
Theres no way that it would come out with the iPhone. Verizon isnt going to drop two competing phones on the same day.

Status
Not open for further replies.