HTC Thunderbolt Doing Better Than iPhone 4

Rindaen

Reaction score
Welll, simply because iPhobe is a household name now...everyone knows what it is and the iPhone launch for Verizon was expected to be huge because the average cell phone user doesn't take into considerarion the specifications of the phone...just the popularity of the name...however, it seems with the growing popularity and diversity of android phones, the iPhone has become a brick. its simplicity has made it popular among women. im not surprised. android is more popular among men.

I see the iPhone as very femenine anyways. the only way I would but one was if it had a 4.3in screen, 4G, and widgets. love those widgets.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Not surprised iPhone4 isnt doing as well as a new phone.
Most people that would be interested in an iPhone expect a new iPhone this year.

iPhone is for females? and All men are Pigs, all women are out for money , and all whites are racist....

Wanting a Phone that just works isnt a bad thing , Im using a Droid X and would love to have a phone that works without being reloaded twice just this year.

Chachmo78

Reaction score
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
Smittys: incorrect assumption.
A "man" here in my office got the Verizon iPhone. One of the top managers has one. Another top manager has a BB. The lower managers can't choose and are going to Android phones (although they get a choice in which Android phone on Sprint).
The assumption is, those who don't want a phone to think about, get's an iPhone. Or for name reconition.

Chacmo78: no one would call me "sexy" (trust me).

I based this on the assumption that my wife has a Droid :p

Personally, based on the people I know and meet, I at least see this trend forming. I know the about five or so guys with iPhones and they all had the originals because it was the only thing available at the time now they have iP4s, only because it was an easy upgrade for them. I think I see way more guys that are just getting into smart phones now, going for androids. Granted this is based on a small, and probably not random sampling of people I know.

Also, I think I just helped hijack this thread. :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

DroidMastar2

Reaction score
Well I bet a lot of people are under the impression that the next IPhone will be coming out soon, and are looking forward to that.... i know 4 people that have told me that.

Smittys

Reaction score
my statement that iphones are more popular among women and that android is more popular among men isn't incorrect. there is statistical proof from a study of genders and mobile platform. look it up. its recent too...like 12/30/10. im not pulling info out my ass. its just facts.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
To me, the fact the the TB is outselling it in ANY store means good news for Android on Verizon.

Remember all the "Death of Android on Verizon" views some ppl had last year?

chameleocat

Reaction score
I prefer android but....

I have had every last droid Verizon has put out! From the original droid to the new thunder bolt, and I liked em all the original droid was by far my favorite one put out. Now in regards to iPhone selling out less than the thunderbolt it's true but also you have to take into count the iPhone has been out for almost 6 months on another network! The thunderbolt is the first 4g phone on Verizon and with firsts comes alot of problems that get fixed over weeks or months time! I had the thunderbolt and it gave me problems every day whether it was 4g and service completely going out, or when sending a text getting an SMS sending error ( which required a master reset) and don't get me started on that baby 1400 mah battery they gave us to power that beast of a phone I will go back to thunderbolt when it's issues and complications have been fixed until than sadly I'll stick to the wifes iPhone!

P.s sorry for crappy grammar writing this during a boring meeting!

Last edited by a moderator:

EgooEspada

Reaction score
People say that the iPhone didn't sell as well because it's on a different carrier? Some consider the Thunderbolt an EVO for Verizon. Whats the difference than?

People don't care if the iPhone was 6 months old when it came to Verizon. People have been waiting for the Verizon iPhone for 4 years, so they'll grab it when they can. People also have loved the EVO 4G, and the Thunderbolt gives Verizon customers that phone. Kinda closed minded if you guys really think people care what the specs are and when it came out. But the fact that the Thunderbolt was 4G was enough to push the sales a little further. Still, to beat the iPhone that's been on Verizon's network for at least 6 weeks, compared to the Thunderbolt thats been out for 2 weeks is a great feat.

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
Wowwww a new 4g device is outselling a nearly year old device!!

You mean people weren't willing to pay a $300etf to get a old phone on a different carrier in this economy? No waaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I still don't understand how anyone expected a line for it.

It's simple why a "line" would be expected (I still don't understand how anyone expected a line for it.[/QUOTE]).

this has been "Rumored" for years and as a former employee of Verizon, the question "Is Verizon getting the iphone?" was a conversation starter almost "EVERY DAMN DAY:icon_evil:"..I hated it..You know how people are!! It was the same when the "infamous" Mot razor started w/Tmobile..We all know how well that did once Verizon carried it..It's just the people (myself included) that has to have the "latest and greatest (So we think)" when it comes to Technology.. I personally don't think I'll ever own an iphone. My 32G ipod touch that stays in my car everyday (used for music only) is the closest i'll ever get to apple..

UNC

Reaction score
I'd really like to see the total numbers on this. When I was buying my TB there was someone buying iP4 and when I returned the TB there was someone buying an iP4...

I'm willing to bet that iP4 outsells the TB 2to1 on Verizon when its all said and done.

Like I said before, I am pretty sure that the TB will have more returns than any smartphone Verizon has ever offered. There were 3 people returning launch TBs when I returned mine. I've never even thought of returning my D1, incredible, or iPhone.

EgooEspada

Reaction score
I'd really like to see the total numbers on this. When I was buying my TB there was someone buying iP4 and when I returned the TB there was someone buying an iP4...

I'm willing to bet that iP4 outsells the TB 2to1 on Verizon when its all said and done.

Like I said before, I am pretty sure that the TB will have more returns than any smartphone Verizon has ever offered. There were 3 people returning launch TBs when I returned mine. I've never even thought of returning my D1, incredible, or iPhone.

When I went to Verizon literally all employees had Samsung Fascinates with people buying feature phones. The next day, the employess at that time all had Thunderbolts with 2 with an iPhone will I'd say an even 3/3 for iPhones and Thunderbolts being bought.

Notice how the article states some stores had the iPhone selling more and some with the Thunderbolt. Your store doesn't equal the whole nation. The iPhone is selling because it's an iPhone; the Thunderbolt is selling because its a EVO. Simple concept to grasp that shouldn't surprise anyone.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

Storm 1 probably holds the crown on highest return rate.

Sent from my Droid

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
See, you cant have it both ways....

The iPhone 4 on Verizon set sales records for Verizon...yea iPhone 4 ftw!!!

But NOW with some news like this...its an old phone....its old tech. I guess spec matter now huh...The iPhone 4 just launched on Verizon Feb of this year. It set sales records on Verizon when it launched, but now its an old phone... We gotta remember the iPhone 4 is a new phone for folks on Verizon.

This is the same phone people on Verizon were waiting so patiently for all these years. After waiting patiently all these years, and ppl buying it, setting sales records in Feb..

Now its an old phone?

patfactorx

Reaction score
if Tbolt is outselling iPhone in some stores that means that Android is outselling iPhones by krazzzzi numbers in all stores

iPhone is going to continue to drop when the nations 2nd largest carrier starts having better Android phones

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
You know when Android will be better than Apple? When everyone and their mothers stop worrying about what Apple is doing! We cannot go a single day here without a thread popping up comparing Phone A to the iPhone4. Android and their fans have a serious inferiority complex to Apple. The day that ends will be the day Android can finally just worry about putting out bug free phones that are amazing.

jedi

Reaction score
I love droid, but this comes across as such a desperate attempt at legitemacy.
The only users more obsessed with Apple are droid users it seems.
Kind of pathetic.