HTC Inspire camera Issues

Russo2

Reaction score
Camera on this ol piece hasn't worked in months. On the old software it would bring the phone to a black screen and it needed to be restarted in order for something else to be used. If I just hit the home button and left it run in the background, bye bye battery.
Now with the new OS the camera will open for a second and promptly close. Whether it be camera, camcorder, camera in an app I.E instagram and so on.
This thing is way out of warranty, so I'm ready to fix it. I'm thinking it's hardware, but maybe not. Any suggestions?

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
There are a few options. The easiest is force close your camera and restart it. If that doesn't work try downloading a camera app like Camera 360 or Pudding or whatever one you like and see if that works. If it does, you're all set. If it doesn't then try a factory reset. That will delete all your apps but it might work. If all that fails then consider a professional repair or a new phone. These phones are very hard to fix yourself. Some have done it but it isn't easy.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

OP
R

Russo2

Reaction score
Force closing only shut down the app, as soon as it restarted same deal. I tried pudding and it did the same.
I used to do this sort of thing on the old crackberry's, but they were very simple to work on. Would the camera be soldered in or simply pulled out and replaced?

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Russo2 said:
Would the camera be soldered in or simply pulled out and replaced?

I honestly don't know. I've never had my phone or any of my other HTC phones apart.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

OP
R

Russo2

Reaction score
I guess there is only one way to find out.

OP
R

Russo2

Reaction score
Just tried pudding again, since the OS update pudding says "camera open error"
Does this help?